Chapter 18 *Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

Why are you so beautiful?

She blushed, pursing her lips as she looked at the floor.

My eyes widened, and I coughed awkwardly. "I said that out loud? Ugh, I'm such a-"

"Thank you, Maxy," She kissed my cheek, then hugged me tightly.

:: Elizabeth ::

"I don't want to let go," I mumbled against his shoulder.

"Nor do I," He agreed.

Time had no meaning anymore, and soon my face began to numb from being buried in Max's shoulder for so long; and my arms started to ache.

"Um, Max?" I mumbled.

No answer.

I pinched his back, and he moved almost instantly, looking groggy and out of focus.

I raised an amused eyebrow, as I moved my arms to get the blood flowing again. "Did you fall asleep on me?"

:: Max ::

I felt my cheeks heat up, and I shoved my hands into my pockets mumbling a "No,"

She smirked and giggled.

Maybe I wouldn't go anywhere - she seemed to be fine as long as I didn't mention related to what happened in the hospital.

A car pulled up behind us, and I ground my teeth together to stop myself from doing anything irrational at my twin brother.

But I was more than shocked when Leah came out from the drivers' seat, closing the car door and locking it behind her, as she walked towards us.

"What you two doing out..." She trailed off suggestively, grinning at us.

:: Elizabeth ::

I raised a threatening eyebrow at Leah, translating 'Don't you dare!'

She shrugged back at me, then winked at Max.

I rolled my eyes back at her, as if to say 'As if he'd love me back'; and she waited for the bomb to drop.

"Oh!" I realised, the thought finally clicking.

She rolled her eyes back at me. "About freaking time, Elizabeth!"

"I will never understand the female language," Max sighed with a teasing grin, leaning against his car.

"Bleep bloof, Leah?" I looked at Leah.

She grinned, catching on instantly. "Oh, Dela no boar ko,"

"Go bo-bo," I retorted, trying not to grin.

"Go yo-yo to do,"

"Okay! I get it!" Max laughed, holding up his hands in surrender.

I wiped my hand across my face mockingly. "Phew! I was running out of our amazing language words," I teased Leah.

"Do rolo," Leah squealed, almost as if saying 'how could you?!'

"I LOVE ROLOS!" I shouted, starting to jump up and down.

"And I love girls draped across cars in hardly anything but b-"

"We get it, Leah. Don't put any ideas into Max's head," I told her, trying desperately not to grin.

Max rolled his eyes, and we drove home - Leah and I in my Bug; and Max in Alex's car.

There was an interesting thought.

"Leah, how did you get Alex's car all the way out here without him know?" I asked, pulling put of the parking lot; Max behind us.