Prologue

Bea's POV

"Good morning baby!" I greet my girlfriend as soon as I hear the soft beep as she answers my call. A chuckle comes out from my lips as I her soft grumbling at the other end of the line. "Wakey na babyyyy!"

"Five more minutes, Beatriz." She mutters sleepily. I can't help but smile as I picture my cute girlfriend groggy from sleep while rubbing her mesmerizing chinky eyes.

"Get up and get ready na po. I'm almost done getting ready, susunduin na kita dyan sa condo nyo. We have a big day today." I gently remind her. Ngayong araw kasi ang umpisa ng college life naming dalawa and finally, magkasama na kami sa iisang unibersidad. We've been in a long distance relationship for almost a year now. She's from Davao kasi and while I'm here sa Makati. But thankfully, Ateneo De Manila recruited us both for the women's volleyball team kaya di na kami nag-dalawang isip to grab the big opportunity.

Now, she's temporarily residing sa condo ng tita nya but she said she wants to stay at the dorms if ever makuha nga kami. As for me, I'm waiting for my parents' go signal since they want to buy a new house near Ateneo para hindi ako ma-hassle.

"Today's the day, huh?" She mutters randomly.

I closed my eyes as I start to imagine my future ahead with my girlfriend. Ang tagal ko 'tong pinangarap eh, yung makasama sya. Kahit kailan, hindi naging sapat ang ilang araw o linggo na magkasama kami when we visit each other. Now, I can't wait for the time I'll be spending with her. "I can't wait to be with you, baby."

"I love you, Bei." She softly says, and my hand automatically pinches the bridge of my nose sa sobrang overwhelmed ako sa feelings ko. Nag-uumapaw lang eh.

"I love you too, Madeleine Yrenea Madayag."

* * * * *

"Bei, there's something I should say pala." Maddie shifts at her seat uncomfortably, looking worried.

My hand automatically reach for hers at the center of the table. Good thing the food still isn't here. We're currently at Pancake House since we want to start our day with a breakfast date. I was so happy when Maddie asked me out last night. Para kasing it made me feel na slowly nagiging reality na yung mga dreams namin. "Hey baby, what's wrong?"

"I don't know how to start without sounding mean.." She mutters softly, her eyes downcast.

"Ako lang 'to, Madz." I joke, trying to brighten her up although there's this upsetting pit in my stomach that's making me nervous too.

"Look, Bei, you know how much I love you di ba?" She starts as she squeezes my hand, as I nod slowly. "I want our relationship to be lowkey.."

Napatigil ako. "How lowkey?"

"Like we could act like we've just met."

"What? What kind of joke is that, Madz? Stop it ha. Di nakakatuwa." I say.

"I'm not joking, Bei. Look, I really want to start fresh, with no rumors and judgemental looks passing on my way. Not like in high school." She mutters. Totoong open kami sa relationship namin and of course, some people judges us for that. I've always had solid family and friends who got my back no matter what but that's not the case with Maddie. Although her family is supportive, she was ostracized by her teammates when they found out that she was in a relationship with me.

"So basically, you want to hide our relationship? Hindi mo kailangang i-sugar coat mga salita mo. I can read between the lines." I say. It hurts a little na she cares too much about what people think of her na kailangan nya pa akong itago, na kailangan pa nyang itago kung anong meron kaming dalawa but I can't blame her. I know how much she likes her so-called 'friends' and how much it hurt her nung umiiwas sila sakanya. I want to fly to her side everytime she'll call me na umiiyak sya yet I can't do anything but listen to her woes and reassure her that everything will turn out fine in the end.