CHAPTER 31

●○

Sanyukta knocked the conference hall while a peon opened the door for her. She wished the delegates present turning to her boss whose back was visible to her. Randhir who was sipping the water after the eventful presentation failed to notice the water which fell on the floor. Sanyukta who was approaching him felt her legs shake as she slipped falling directly on his lap.

"Who the hell are you and how dare you! " He shouted

Sanyukta had her hands covering her face waiting for the impact only to hear his horror filled voice. She removed her hands slowly revealing herself. And at the moment something came alive. Their hearts started beating rapidly as their eyes meet and they felt the same warmth they missed all these years. Their faces scrunched in confusion as sanyukta straightened herself and they came out of the trance.

Randhir scolded himself for loosing himself in her reminding himself that he only belonged to his 'Pari'. Alas, only if he knew.

"Who are you and what the hell was that!" Randhir exclaimed, anger evident in his voice.

"I ..Me.. " Sanyukta started with her voice stammering.

"What I and Me? I need a proper answer. Who are you? Who allowed you inside?"

"Vo. .am. . the. . new new. .em employ si sirr." Sanyukta replied while Randhir was irritated with her stammering.

"Why are you stammering? I just asked you a question. I won't eat you, you up. I thought you were a confident girl when I offered you the position of the head architect. But guess you don't deserve it!" Randhir exclaimed while her eyes teared up at his words.

"Am am.. sorr sorry sir. I didn't didn't mean to. ."

"You didn't mean to fall on me?" Randhir asked her with a hard glare causing her to flinch.

"Do you think I am blind? I know girls like you.Your parents were brave you know. They were an angel, I thought since you are their daughter you would be different. But I guess you are just like other girls after all. Running after good looks and money. You have to guts to sit on my lap in front of everyone and say you didn't mean to. Bravo miss. You are fired." Randhir fled out of his cabin before anyone could realise. While sanyukta stood like a statue reminiscing his words. It was supposed to be the first day of her job. A new start. But the day came to an end even before it begin. She stepped foot in the office with a hope and determination but here her self respect was stripped within 3 hours of her being there.

Sanyukta wipped her tears and walked out of the conference hall with her head held high. 'Never compromise with your self respect.' Dadi's words played in her mind as she moved out of the building.

On the other side. Jiggy slammed Randhir's table grabbing his attention.

"What's wrong Jiggy?" Questioned a confused Randhir.

"You are asking me what's wrong?  What's wrong with you! You didn't even let her say anything in her defence. And what did you do? You fired her? You know how brilliant she is at her work?"

"What is there to defend. It was so clear. SHE SAT ON MY LAP IN FRONT OF THE BOARD."

"Sat. .! Really Randhir if you would have just listened to her, you would have seen that she SLIPPED. She didn't fall on your lap on purpose." Jiggy said throwing a bomb at him.

"What?" Randhir whispered confused and shocked.

"Exactly. And everyone except you noticed that she slipped. She tried to tell you that she didn't mean to fall on you, that she slipped and it was an accident. But you wouldn't listen. You fired her for something she didn't even do. You publicly humiliated her in front of the board. You questioned her character!  A lady's Character Randhir! And cherry on the top you insulted and queationed her parent's upbringing. The parents she lost because of you. The parents who died protecting you. And what did you do? You insulted their daughter and stripped her self respect. And after all this I am more than sure that she wouldn't set her foot in this office again. What's your problem Randhir?  I understood you hate girls. I understand that you think that they are just after your money and good looks. But not everybody is the same. You always give them a second chance but in Sanyukta's case you didn't even let her defend herself." Jiggy shook his head expressing his disappointment.

Randhir stood rooted to his place as her name rung in his ears.
Jiggy was saying something but he couldn't concentrate on his words. All that striked his brain was her name. SANYUKTA. The name he has been in love with for ten years now.

'Pari' His heart spoke for the first time in all these years.

'Was she his Pari? ' his heart skipped a beat.

'No' he replied his own question. 'She couldn't be! She had parents and if she was his Pari she would have embraced him and cried in his arms. She is not my Pari ' His brain concluded forcing his heart to take a seat back.

'But what I did was wrong. What do I do now?' He questioned himself while his heart answered 'Apologise'.

Jiggy who had been lecturing his boss saw him lost in his thoughts. He shook Randhir who looked at him with determination in his eyes.

"I will set things right" Randhir exclaimed grabbing his coat and leaving the cabin at once.

□ □

"Bhaiya mere paas aaj paise nahi hey. Par Mey jitna jaldi ho sakey aapke saare karz uttar dungi. " Sanyukta explained while the shop keeper denied to give her grocery until she paid off the balance.

"Pehle paise dho phir aake Raashan le jao." Said the stubborn shop kepper. Sanyukta sighed looking at the 50 Rs tied to her scarf.

'Aaj ke khaane ke liye bhi paise nahi hey. Raashan bhi khatam ho chuka hey. 50 Rs mey aaj ka khaana toh manage hojayega, par kal ka kya?' Sanyukta broke down on the road as the thought of her family starving crossed her mind.

"I wouldn't let this happen" Sanyukta pledged, determined to save her family from hunger and grief.

□ □

●○

** Not the reaction you all expected. Isn't it? But this was needed for the storyline to proceed. Randhir has realised his mistake and is determined to set things right. While Sanyukta is determined to not to let her family starve. What do you think will be their next move. Well stay tuned to know what happens next! And keep reading "Two hearts one soul"

Will he posting my other stories today as well..I was supposed to post it on Tuesday, but am late. Had my exams and was not well.

RoomHates and Bleeding hearts have been updated. The Cupid Mistake, Two hearts one soul and Accident of bliss also coming up today! So gear up and be ready for the ride.

If you are curious about updates, You can find the week's update list in the conversation box.

I need a new book cover for the story. If anyone could volunteer and make one it would be of great help. Just let me know soon.

Now back to the chapter. Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter. I will update the next chapter sooner if I get a good response. I am really disappointed with the views and votes. Drastically decreased. I have nothing to say to this. Do vote and leave your views in the comment box. Your feedback is precious. So do drop your take on the story. Lots more coming up.  Lots of love.. Stay tuned!

Target - 50+ votes

Word count ~ 1298  words **