CHAPTER 23

○○

The monitors were beeping loudly. Doctors and nurses rushed towards him with the equipments.

"Doctor, he is sinking. " the nurse said checking him. His condition was worsening. Yet he was chanting the one name which meant the world to him.

"Nurse Injection, quick "the doctor ordered.

Everyone were waiting outside the  care unit , praying for his well being. They saw two nurses coming out of the ICU  and immediately rushed to enquire about his health.

"He is not responding."  Is all the nurse replied,crushing their souls.

The thought of loosing him made them week. Harsh Singh Shekawath cried seeing  his son's condition.

It has been three days since the landslide happened. Sanyukta was nowhere to be found. But they found randhir bruised in an unconcious state.

Abhay,  Misha , Siddharth and Piyali were broken. Sanyukta's disappearance and randhir's condition was enough for them to break into tears.  The most chirpy sid, was now silent. He hadn't uttered a single word since the incident. He was the most broken one among the four. People say twins have a strong connection and if something happened to one of them , the other would also be affected.  The search was still on, but there was no trace of her.

A team of police men entered the hospital, catching all their attention. Kishore aggarwal along with the others hurried towards them.

"Meri beti ki koi khabar" Kishore aggarwal asked the senior inspector with hope in his eyes.

The inspector removed his cap and took a deep breath.

"Dekhiye Mr. Kishore Aggarwal, aapki beti ko, humari team ne harr jagah dhunda. Lekin na vo milli aur na vunki laash..." he couldn't complete his sentence when his jaw received a tight punch. 

"Yeh kya batameezi hey! Aggarwal shahab,apne beete ko sambhaliye.  Ek kanuni officer par haath uthana jurum hey." The inspector said, jerking sid who punched him.

"No, you listen.  Meri behen zinda hey. You get it inspector.  How dare you call her a body. She is my twin , I can feel that she is alive." Shouted a frustrated Siddharth.

"Listen boy , I can understand your condition. But landslide mey vunka bachna mushkil hey. Aur jitna hume patta hey vo vaha pahadi se giri thi. Hume vaha se kuch blood samples milley hey jo tumhare DNA se match karte hey. Aur etne dinn tak bina treatment vuska bach paana mushkil hey. "  The officer sighed.

"Aap kehna kya chatey hey inspector "  Kishore aggarwal asked in a chocked voice.

"Humare experts ne sari calculations ke baad , Sanyukta Aggarwal ko DEAD Declare kiya hey. I am sorry " the inspector left them alone after breaking the news , Kishore slumped on the ground with a thud, falling unconcious.

He was taken into the emergency ward and treated immediately.  Abhay,Misha, Piyali, Harsh, everybody broke down. But sid didn't bulge, nor did he cry.

"Aap loog roh kyun rahey ho. Sanyu bilkul theek hey. Aap loog vus inspector ki baat par bilkul dhyan maath dijiye. Aise kaise vusse dead declare kardiya. Vo koi bhagvaan nahi hey. Sunn lo sab, meri behen zinda hey. I can feel her presence." Siddharth said before leaving the place.

□ □
After 6 hours 🕖

Kishore had recovered from the shock and cried his heart out. Sid tried searching for her but had to return empty handed. Everyone were still not able to believe that Sanyukta is dead. But sid was the only one who believed his sister was alive, even now.

"Patient ko hoosh aagaya hey. Aap loog vunse mil sakte hey. " the nurse said breaking the news of randhir's coniousness.

They were relieved but scared at the same time. How do they break the news of Sanyukta's death to him was a big question, they feared.  Kishore straightend himself and  wiped his tears for randhir's sake. He already lost his daughter. He can't lose a son now.

They slowly entered the room to see randhir slightly awake. Randhir scanned the people in the room searching for someone.

"Pari" he wispered the first name which was always there in his mind and now has captured his heart.

"Papa, uncle ..Pari kahan hey. Vusse bula dijiye na. Bahut bhayanak sapna dekha meyne.  " randhir said tearing up,his voice chocking.

"Beta, aaram kar. Hum baad mey baat karenge. " Harsh said trying to avoid the topic.

"No, I need to see her. Mujhe dekhna hey ki vo bilkul theek hey. I promise vuske baad mey zid nahi karenga. Please bus ek baar" randhir pleaded while Misha and Piyali broke down unable to control their feelings anymore.

"Tum doono ro kyun rahi ho. Where is  Sanyukta ? Batao where is she!" He screamed frustrated.  The machines started beeping indicating his abnormal heart rate.

"Randhir beta, please shaant hoja.  Puri tarah theek nahi hua tu abhi tak." Kishore tried to soothe him.  But randhir was continously uttering the same thing.

"Vo nahi  aayegi vapis kabhi sunna tu ne. Nahi aayegi.  Kahi nahi milegi vo tujhe. " Harsh screamed trying to make him understand.

"Kyun nahi aayegi? Vo naaraz hey na , vusne mujhe park mey bulaya aur mey late pahuncha. Mey vusse sorry bol dunga.  Vus par gusse mey chilaya bhi tha meyne. Aap bus bula dho vusse, mey manalunga vusse. Vo zyada derr tak naraz nahi raha sakti mujhse.   " randhir said with hope in his eyes.

"Vo nahi aa sakti randhir. Jaha vo hey vaha se koi vapis nahi aa sakta beta. Chali gayi vo hum sab ko chodh kar. Maar gayi hey vo. Maar gayi.  "Kishore sobbed falling on the ground. While everything came rushing back to randhir ; her confession, the landslide.

"Nooo Aap loog jhute ho! Dekhna vo abhi bahar ayegi. I know her, vo naaraz hey mujhse bus esliye yeh sab natak karr rahi hey ! Haan aisa he hey, i know."

His voice chocked

He was broken and this time the damage was much more than they thought! It was beyond any repair.

"Doctooor! Kuch bhi kijiye, ese theek kardijiye"

Pleaded his father unable to see his son's condition.

Their world crumbled in a moment where they lost the two hearts with one soul.

Maybe this was their destiny.

"Vusse bula dho please, i swear mey phir kabhi nahi chilaunga vuss par"

He kept repeating it until he finally fell asleep under the effect of the  sedatives. 

●●

** The longest chapter I have ever typed - 1183 words. Do vote and comment on what you think of this chapter. The journey of two hearts , One have started.  Everything will change from here. To know more. Keep reading ☺ **