VI. (1) Games and Surprises

Start from the beginning

Guinevere politely signalled Yui to move aside before pushing open the door.

All eyes were on her by the time she stepped in the room. Shuu shifted, propping a hand underneath his head as he peeked at her through an opened eye.

"My, what do we have here? May I join you all this evening?" Guinevere's tone was gentle.

Yui timidly trailed after her, closing the door behind her as Guinevere spoke.

"Fufu, why of course, Guinevere~" Laito replied merrily.

Ayato's eyes suddenly glowed with fiery enthusiasm as they fixed on her. "Heh, Ore-sama accepts your challenge." He began spinning the dart between his fingers.

Kanato immediately hopped off the pool table and wandered over to her. In the meantime, Yui looked around, and was slightly surprised to see Reiji and Subaru present as well. Subaru, with his arms crossed, was leaning on the wall behind the far side of the pool table, away from the others. Reiji sat on an elegant armchair near the door, his hand angling his open book to the side as his attention fixed on Guinevere in silent observation.

"Very well then. Komori-san, we can resume our conservation later if you do not wish to speak of it in front of the brothers," Guinevere stated.

"Hai..."

"Oh? What conversation~? Bitch-chan, are you trying to steal Guinevere away from me?" Laito's tone was its usual frivolousness, however, there was slight edge towards the end.

Kanato glomped Guinevere from behind. "Teddy and I refuse."

Subaru clicked his tongue, glaring at Kanato's hands that was too close to Guinevere for his liking. Reiji looked like he was on the verge of scolding Kanato himself, the words already on the tip of his tongue as he pushed up his glasses.

Guinevere smiled and petted Kanato's hand that rested around her stomach, playfully hushing him. She then looked up. "So, shall we have a match?"

"Finally," Ayato said. "Well? What will the grand prize be?"

Laito appeared in between Yui and Guinevere, slinging his arms around their shoulders. "How about...Bitch-chan or Guinevere are the prizes~!"

"Eh?" Yui blinked in shock.

"What kind of prizes are that?!" Subaru exclaimed.

"Why, they're good ones, little Subaru~"

"...do you have a death wish?"

Reiji sighed. "Both of you, stop acting deplorable. Laito, do not provoke him. I have already recently repaired all the walls within this mansion, therefore, any more damage caused by your stupidity will cost you greatly, for you will have the responsibility to pay for the expenses."

In response, Laito agreed half-heartedly with the wave of a hand.

Guinevere wrapped her fingers around her chin, once again bringing everyone's attention towards her. "Let us make things more...entertaining..." she said. She then narrowed her eyes and smirked, angling her head to the side. "If I win, you all would have to leave Miss Komori alone for a whole week, and dress up in maid outfits for me to take a picture of. Note that the picture cannot be disposed of in any way, but displayed in the entry hallway instead..."

The triplets and Subaru groaned. Reiji made a sound of amusement, his glasses flashing underneath the light. His expression was unreadable.

"Bothersome woman," Shuu said, though his eyes reflected approval as their eyes met.