The ambulance rushed Charlie to the hospital with Hoseok sitting with her in the back. He watched in horror as the paramedics fed tubes and placed an oxygen mask on his daughter with tears still streaming down his face. His heart felt like it was being crushed as Charlie didn't react to anything, not even the oxygen. He couldn't help but blame himself and beat himself up over this. This just couldn't be happening.

Hospital staff met the ambulance as they pulled up to the ER, rolling Charlie through the doors and down the hall with Hoseok running behind them, eyes not leaving Charlie as she disappeared through a set of doors he was ordered to not go through. "No! That's my daughter! That's my girl! No!" he yelled as he was dragged back to the waiting room by security guards.

"I got him, I'm his boyfriend, I got this," a deep voice said as the guards moved away and Hoseok was wrapped up in a different pair of arms. By the slightly musky cologne and expensive suit fabric, he knew it was Taehyung and he immediately buried his face in the younger man's chest. He sobbed heavily into his strong chest and hugged his waist desperately.

Taehyung hugged him back just as tightly and sat down, causing Hoseok to sit in his lap and look down at him. "Hoseok, you need to tell me exactly what happened. Please," he said as quietly and calmly as possible. Hoseok stuttered out his account of what happened and studied the younger man when he was done. Red, sad eyes, messy hair and suit jacket slightly wrinkled. He was tense and his hands seemed to twitch on Hoseok's sides. He was just as upset as the older man was.

"Who is Charlie Kim's father?" the doctor asked as he scanned the room. Both men stood up and walked over to him, earning a look of surprise. "We're her fathers. Is she okay?" Taehyung asked grimly as he placed a hand on Hoseok's back. The doctor nodded and looked down to his notes. "Yes, she's doing okay. She's awake and doing well. No concussion, but we believe that the seizure was so powerful that it made her stop breathing. She's been asking for both of you for a while," he said and gestured for the men to follow him.

Charlie was sitting back against the pillows with a pout on her face and tears in her eyes. Hoseok choked back a sob and rushed over to her and hugged her tight. "Oh, baby girl. You scared me so bad," he mumbled as his daughter started to cry into his chest. "Daddy, I'm scared," she sobbed gently and he shushed her repeatedly. "It's okay, I promise you're okay. That's all that matters," he mumbled into her short black hair.

She lifted her head from Hoseok's chest and rubbed an eye. "I want Appa," she sniffled and Hoseok looked to Taehyung, who had taken his suit jacket off and rolled up his sleeves. A hand covered his mouth as he sobbed silently. His broken heart was clearly visible as the older man studied him and beckoned him over with a nod of his head. He looked exactly like his daughter did when he cried, and maybe that was why Hoseok's heart clenched even more.

Taehyung sat on the other side of the bed and let Charlie crawl into his lap and hug him tight. "It's alright, my dear. Appa's here. Daddy's here. We got you. Everything will be okay," he whispered as he let his daughter ball up the material of his shirt in her fists. He cradled her and sang softly to her, tensing out of surprise when he felt Hoseok rest his chin on his shoulder. "Appa, I feel heavy," Charlie whispered once the tears stopped flowing. Taehyung nodded and rubbed her back. "You'll feel that way for a little while. When we go home, promise me you'll stay in bed and get better." She nodded and they pinky-swore.

At home, Hoseok gave Charlie a bath and tucked her in before he went into the kitchen. Taehyung stood at the counter with his tie loosened and a glass of red wine in between his hands, which were placed firmly on the marble countertop. Tears ran down his cheeks and dripped onto the counter and his shoulders shook slightly. It etched another crack in Hoseok's heart as he watched his former lover cry over their daughter.

Slowly, he walked over and wrapped the younger man up in a back hug. "Tae..." he mumbled when he felt him tense up and lift a hand to wipe his tears. "I'm sorry I called you my boyfriend. I won't do it again," he replied miserably. Hoseok only shook his head and rested it against his back. "I know why you did it. It was the only way we'd be able to see her at once. Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're here."

"When you called, I... Everyone heard what happened because they made me put you on speaker phone. I couldn't cry in front of them. And when I saw her and watched you hold her... I couldn't take it anymore. I'm so worried about her," Taehyung admitted through sniffles. The older man nodded and rubbed his back. "I am too. All I ever think about is her and if she's okay or not. Did I forget to make her take the daily pills and vitamins? Did she not eat enough? Is she happy? And then... When you come over... I can't help but think how nice it is and how happy you both are and how I can finally breathe correctly. I owe you."

In a flash, he was spun around and face-to-face with a serious Taehyung. "You owe me nothing, Jung Hoseok. I hurt you so bad that you left the fucking province six months pregnant with our daughter. Four years later and I'm still trying to find new ways to apologize to you. My first way; coming back. My second way; paying off the bills. My third way; taking care of your finances so that you can be a little stress-free. My fourth way; Wednesdays and weekends with Charlie. My fifth way; keeping both of you happy and safe the best I can. I still fucking love you, but I know I still need to give you better reasons to forgive me but I don't think I ever will."

His face softened and his grip on Hoseok's shoulders loosened just a little. "I'm sorry, Taehyung. I-I'm still building my trust back up. I'm sorry," Hoseok whispered as he looked down at his shoes. Long fingers lifted his chin to soft, yet serious, eyes. "I understand you don't love me anymore, Hoseok. I'm fine with that. I love our daughter and I'm fine with the way things are. I'm not suffering."

The last part was only a half-truth. Yes, he was fine with the arrangement. But every day spent with Hoseok and not being able to kiss or hold him was tearing him apart. Seeing his past lover and the proof they were, in fact, once very in love tore his heart into tiny bits. He cried himself to sleep every night. He usually only ate when he either forced himself to or Hoseok invited him for dinner. He was suffering so much, but as long as he could be with Hoseok and Charlie, he would tough it out and make it work.

VHope Fluffshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें