SIXTY

The traditional wedding song echoed throughout the chapel — Andrea's heartbeat was now sporadic. Josh nudged her side softly and held out his arm. She smiled at him, leaning into his body as she hooked their elbows together. It was now her turn to walk out. Josh whispered some reassuring pep talks in her ear all the way up to this moment, and that's all that could play in Andrea's head now.

The double doors opened in a slowed pace, Andrea gasping quietly once she saw Simon standing at the altar with a hand wringing his other. As soon as he heard the squeak of the door, he turned. His eyes sparkled, a smile instantly spreading across his face as he watched Andrea crawl down the aisle. He saw the fear in her eyes as she kept them locked on his, so he mouthed slowly, "You look gorgeous." Andrea gave a giddy smile.

Josh finally handed Andrea off to Simon, his eyes welled with tears as he steps over to his spot. Simon presses a soft kiss to Andrea's cheek as he walks her up the steps to the altar. A few people 'aw'.

Andrea and Simon completely zone out of reality and fall into their own little world — one where it was so carefree and no judgement was placed. They spoke with their eyes, which was a rare form of communication for some couples. The audience could see this, and silently admired it, not wanting to be rude towards the priest that was doing his job with blessing the two with marriage.

They said their 'I do's, placed the rings on each other's fingers, the priest saying their vows were now welcome before they kiss.

"Um," Andrea giggles softly, looking to the floor as Simon tightened his grip on her hands, letting her know that he was there for her with everything, including a huge fear of hers — public speaking. "Speaking in front of an audience has never been my cup of tea," she jokes, gaining a laugh from the family members and friends gathered around them, "but I feel safe up here," she glances up at Simon, "with you, knowing that you'd love me even I stumbled over a few words and say something ridiculous." Simon chuckles, nodding as to say he's listening intently to her.

"I had this huge speech prepared," she continues, "where I confess every bit of my undying love for you. But, I know these people really can't wait to watch me shove some cake in your face," a laugh from the crowd, "so I'll spare them the mushy details and tell you later."

"I haven't loved you since I first met you, and anyone who says that they have loved their soon-to-be-partner since their eyes met are lying." The audience sat in silence, confused where this was going. "It took me some time before I fell in love with you — which I did, when I saw the real you." A relieved sigh and a small eruption of chuckles filled the room. "When we first started to hang out, I only ever saw the real you when it was just the two of us. It was the soft, caring side, that could make any girl's heart quiver.

"Of course you were attractive, but I fall for the personality of a guy. And I couldn't imagine finding anyone else who has a more kind heart than you, Simon." Andrea pauses, staring into his eyes for a moment longer before breaking their eye contact and shouting, "Okay, I didn't shorten it as much as I planned." Everybody chuckles, now waiting for Simon to speak. He was choked up — the words not rolling off his tongue. Andrea was confused but mostly worried, so she settled a hand on his cheek gently and said, "You don't need to say anything, Si. You've done so much for me."

"The moment Josh introduced you to me," Andrea smiled, placing her hand back in his, "I couldn't take my eyes off of you. You were, and still are, so beautiful. You seriously took my breath away.

"When we started dating, my mother asked about us. I couldn't stop talking — I was so happy I found someone as perfect as you, and so proud of everything you, and I, have accomplished. She stopped me during my monologue and said, 'Simon, listen to yourself, son. You are clearly so far in love with this girl already — and she sounds amazing. Keep her and hold her by your side, and don't you ever let go," Andrea's eyes shimmered with tears, looking out toward Mrs. Minter with a wide smile. "'And if you do, I will smack you so silly.'" Laughter erupts once more.

"I usually don't listen to my mother," another laugh, even one from his mom, "I'm so happy I decided to this time.

"Thank you for being apart of my life, Drea. You've made it so much more brighter, and have created so much happiness in my life — I am forever grateful to have you as my wife."

"I love you," Andrea whispers, placing her hands along his jaw as she glanced down at his lips.

"I love you too," Simon replies. The two share a soft, intimate kiss in front of all of their families and friends, the crowd whistling, cheering, and applauding like crazy.

Once the two pulled away, smiles stuck on their faces like glue.

a/n: this is unedited, so apologies for any errors. just wanted to get a chapter out for you guys :) xx