THIRTY FIVE

ANDREA

Josh had called me, whining that he was livestreaming and starving. I groaned, agreeing to picking him up some food.

I drove to Nando's, ordered for Josh, Simon, and I, and quickly went on my way to the Sidemen house.

"Boys?" I call out, kicking off my shoes. With bags in hand, I walk up the stairs. I first walk into Josh's room, a smile spreading across his face as soon as he saw me.

"Food!" he exclaims as I take out his takeout box. He snatches it from my hand, opening it up and sniffing the food. "Sorry guys, I'm eating."

"Fortnite?" I question as I peek around to look at the screen.

"Yeah, I'm live with Wizz and Lachlan right now. Simon left us as soon as he heard the door open," Josh informs.

"Are you dead?" I ask as I observe the screen further.

"Yeah, Simon was too," he laughs, their ways of dying I assume were hilariously stupid.

"Well, good luck," I smile, walking over to his door.

"Thank you!" he shouts as I step out. I wave to him and shut the door behind me. When I turn around, I notice Simon standing in his doorway. I grin, strutting over to him.

"Hey," he chuckles.

"Hungry?" I ask, pulling out his own box.

"Oh, I- yeah," he smiles, taking it.

"How was live streaming?" I ask as we just stand there, in front of his bedroom.

"Fun," he shortly replies. He gestures at me to follow him, walking us to the kitchen. He sits, opening his box and grinning wider. "I haven't had this meal since-"

"Forever ago?" I giggle, sitting in the chair beside him. I pull out my own box, setting it down. I smirked as I opened it, showing him.

"This reminds me of our very first date," he comments, grabbing us both a drink. "So, in that case," he starts, "here is a lemonade," he sets the bottle down in front of me, "and my Sprite." He comes back to retake his seat, still holding that same smile from earlier.

"I wish I could've set this up outside," I sigh. "Ya know, like how you did."

"It's quite cold out," he chuckles. I roll my eyes, claiming him to be Caption Obvious. "Speaking of, are you going to take your coat off and stay awhile or...?" I snort, nodding as I begin to take my jacket off. I forgot I'd had it on still. Simon gasps, almost falling out of his chair. "You're wearing my shirt!" he exclaims as he points at my attire.

"This was the first shirt I ever stole from you," I giggle as I glance down at it.

"That's the only shirt you've kept of mine," he retorts.

"It's a memory," I softly argue, shrugging.

"You're lucky you look cute in it," he remarks, twisting to face his food. He digs in, showing how hungry he was.

"Is this your first meal today?" I ask as I begin to eat mine, a lot slower than him.

"Well... I've been busy recording and that-"

"Simon Minter," I scold, "you need to eat."

"Andrea Bradley," Simon mimics, "I didn't have time, alright?" he adds with a chuckle.

"You're such a little shit," I huff, laughing lightly.

"But I'm your little shit." We both make a face, and Simon turns to another topic to talk about.

♡♡♡

I watched as Simon continued to play Fortnite, laughing when he would, and even when he wouldn't because him almost dying seemed to trigger my humorous side.

"Can you play for me? I need to go do something," Simon asks me. My smile drops and I shake my head.

"I'll get you killed," I retort.

"Team," Simon shouts, both to his audience and his actual team members, "is it alright if I let Andrea take over for a second?"

Simon had given me a spare set of headphones, so I could hear what the boys were talking about, meaning I heard all three of them cheerfully say yes.

"My audience says they'd actually prefer you over me anyway," Simon adds, now looking over at me. Wizz promised to protect him while we switched.

"Simon, I will not survive five seconds," I argue.

"The boys will cover you, just stay alive as long as you can, okay?" he questions, already standing up and setting his headphones on the desk.

"Simon!" I exclaim as he runs out of his room. I groan, moving over to sit in his chair.

"Andrea's playing!" Lachlan chants as I move Simon's character around.

"You know you're supposed to communicate with us, right?" Josh teases me, referring to my prolonged silence.

"You guys honestly think I haven't played Fortnite at all?" I question with a smirk.

"Andrea, what you doin? Get back in the house!" Wizz shouts as I run out into the open. They all go silent as I aim my shotgun at two men, killing both, not a scratch to be seen on my character. I clear my throat, to mock arrogance, unable to hide my smile as they all cheer me on.

"Simon is cancelled," Lachlan comments. I burst into laughter, focusing hard on the screen.

"To your right, Lach!" I shout, already shooting at the men who were coming towards him. He joins me, and we kill all three together.

"Seriously, can we replace Simon?" Lachlan asks.

On cue, a pair of arms wrap around me, scaring the shit out of me in the process. "You can't do that!" I exclaim, shoving Simon away from me. He cackles, peeking at the screen.

"You're still alive!" he shouts, sitting in what was my chair. He puts on his headphones, just in time to come back to the boys slewing him. "I'm right here, guys!" They all fall silent.

"Your girl- I mean, Andrea is absolutely amazing," Lachlan announces.

"I know she is," Simon smiles, not acknowledging Lachlan's almost slip up.

"No, like at this game," Wizz shouts. Simon furrows his eyebrows, looking over at me. I wasn't focusing on him anymore, my eyes trained back on the game. I was so entranced, I didn't even hear their conversation.

"You're such a liar!" Simon exclaims, tackling me.

"Simon!" I scream as we fall over. "You're gonna die! I was right in the center of everyone!" I squeal.

I don't think this was Simon's intentions at all, but when we made eye contact, something sparked in us both, our lips connecting. It was only a short kiss though, as he was live and didn't want it to be too suspicious.

"You're so fat, get off me," I choke out, pushing him away from me.