FORTY FIVE

The next morning Andrea woke up, her eyes still aching to sleep more. She turned in her bed, now facing Simon. A smile crept on her face as she gazed admiringly at his relaxed face. She presses a gentle kiss to his nose, which makes Simon scrunch it. She giggles quietly, moving back to her spot.

Out of nowhere, Simon jumps on her, wrapping his arms around her as Andrea laughed crazily. He moved his head from her shoulder, revealing his toothless smile.

"Did I wake you?" Andrea questions softly, feeling guilty as she noticed how his eyes were more shut than they were opened. With no response, he moves his head slowly toward hers, closing the gap between them and giving her a passionate kiss. When he pulls away, Andrea brushes her thumb against his cheek as she places her palm on the side of his head, her fingers lightly scratching his scalp.

"Andrea," Simon sighs, now avoiding her stare.

"Simon," she mocks. He looks back at her with a little grin.

"Would you want to come with me to a party?" he asks.

"Party? Whose?" she questions in return.

"An old mate's. It's more of a formal one."

"So, I'll have to go dress shopping?" she quizzes with a smirk.

"If you feel the need to," he chuckles.

"When is it?" she questions, unknowingly running her fingers through his hair.

"Tonight." Her eyes widen, her heart sinking.

"Why didn't you ask me earlier?" she shouts.

"I forgot," he pouts. "My mate asked me late last night if I was still showing up, but you already fell asleep on my lap."

"I hate you sometimes," she giggles, pecking his nose once more before pushing him off of her so she could get ready to go shopping. "Fuck, Freya isn't here," she mumbles as she gathers some casual clothes from her closet.

"I'll come with," he offers with one of his well-known gentle smiles. 

"No, I like surprising you," she hums. He huffs out a single, short breath due to the annoyance of waiting to see her all dressed up. "Maybe Josh will go with me."

"Some sibling time," Simon teases. "I'll call him while you get ready."

"Thanks, babe," she responds, placing her hand on his shoulder for balance as she places a kiss on his cheek before rushing off to her bathroom to change.

♡♡♡

"Josh, stop," Andrea scolds for the twentieth time as the man childishly picks up old granny panties and teases her that she's nearing her time. "I'm younger than you, you'll get there before me."

"Touché," he responds with a tut.

"Can you please be serious and help me find a nice dress for tonight?" Andrea questions, almost pleading him on her knees with her hands folded in prayer.

"Fine," he huffs, following her lead toward the dress section.

They spent several minutes in this area, going through tens of dresses only to find at least one flaw in every single one.

The last dress they fall upon has thin straps, slits near the rib area, flows past the feet, with a very attractive color of red. It stuck out like a sore thumb, but in the best way possible.

"I'm trying this one on," Andrea spoke quickly toward her brother, swiping it from the rack, then jogging back to the dressing rooms. As soon as she tried it on she knew it was the perfect match. It hugged her body appropriately, showed the right amount of skin, presented her tan perfectly, and coordinated extremely well with her hair. Plus, she had the perfect pair of heels and makeup look to pull the look all the way to breathtakingly gorgeous.

When Andrea came out of the dressing room in her regular clothes, Josh smiled as he saw the happiness spread across his sister face. He asked if she liked it and she nodded rapidly. He chuckled and they found their way to the cashier.