FORTY NINE

Andrea awoke abruptly the next morning, racing to the bathroom with watery eyes and thick saliva coating her throat. Everything she ate yesterday came flying from her mouth and into the toilet before her as soon as she knelt in front of it. Freya came in not a moment later, holding back her hair. "You feeling okay?" she questions while Andrea brushes her teeth.

"No," she groans, spitting out the toothpaste and scrubbing her tongue until it was numb. "And it isn't a stomach bug- I don't have a fever."

"Have you and Simon... uh..." Freya's cheeks flushed red of embarrassment as she tried to spit out what she was trying to ask. But Andrea knew, nodding slowly. "We should get you pregnancy tests." Andrea hesitantly agreed, walking back to her room to change.

After putting on her pants, she felt drained and super nauseous again. She sat on the edge of her bed and bent over her knees, taking deep breaths as her heart rate increased and saliva collected heavily in her throat. She sprinted to the bathroom with all the energy she had left in her, throwing up once more.

"I'll go for you," Freya sighs as she holds her hair back again.

"Thank you," Andrea grunts, falling back from her knees and sitting against the bathtub.

♡♡♡

When Freya came back, she found Andrea laid on the bathroom tiles, holding her stomach and her hair messily put up in a ponytail. "Andrea," she softly speaks. Andrea looks up at her, her face pale and her cheeks pink. "Here." Andrea took the bag and pushed Freya out of the bathroom.

"Now we wait," Andrea sighs after she's peed on the sticks, letting her body slide down the wall.

"Are you ready for a baby?" Freya asks, sitting beside her.

"I don't even know," Andrea whimpers, placing her forehead in her palms, digging her elbows into her folded knees. "I just hope this doesn't affect Simon negatively."

"Well, he's always wanted a kid," Freya assures, hugging her best friend gently. "I'll always be there for you and the baby if he's a prick about it all."

"Thank you, Freya," Andrea replies, giving her a weak smile.

"Now, we should get you cleaned up," Freya giggles. She stands, and begins to run a bath for Andrea.

"I just hope Simon doesn't hate me," Andrea sobs, her emotional side getting the best of her. Freya drops in front of her, gripping her knees firmly.

"He could never," she whispers.

"What if I am pregnant?" Andrea asks, the panic finally setting in. "How do I tell him?"

"You just tell him," she shrugs. "He'd like to hear about it straight-up."

"You're right," Andrea sighs.

"I seem to know more about your boyfriend than you do," Freya chuckles, turning over to the tub to cut off the running water. "We'll check the test once you're out of the bath, okay?" she says as she helps Andrea undress. Andrea nods, thanking her for everything she's done. "We're best friends- this is what I do."

♡♡♡

Andrea stood in her towel, nervous to peek at the test. Her legs were shaking, as well as her hands, and she was all of a sudden thinking about having to tell her parents — but most importantly, her over-protective brother. She suddenly couldn't do it — no, she didn't want to be bearing a child.

She ran out into the living room, collapsing on the couch. "Did you look?" Freya asks. Andrea shook her head. "I'll look then," Freya smiles, patting her knee before heading toward the bathroom.

Andrea's mind was screaming — how would she get out of this now? Wasn't it too soon to have a kid? Her and Simon aren't even married yet. Her parents would kill her for that. Getting pregnant before marriage — that was spat on in her family. She suddenly felt dizzy.

Blackness over took her sight as she felt her body sink into the couch, Freya's shouts becoming fainter.

When she woke up, she had a mini panic attack, acknowledging the cold cloth pressed against her head seconds later and a soothing voice dancing in her ears.

She sat up, the cloth falling onto her lap. Freya had put Simon's livestream on the TV — he was so chill and calming to listen to. Andrea smiled, tears slipping from her eyes and running down her cheeks as she gazed lovingly at Simon's facecam. How was she so lucky?

Her eyes totally zoned in on his face, her ears straining to hear his relaxed voice respond to the comments he was receiving over his stream while he waited for his game to load.

"Andrea," Freya spoke, breaking Andrea's trance. She turned and looked up at the blonde. A smile was plastered across her face and her eyes were shimmering. "You wanna know?" Andrea froze, and remained so. Freya sighed, then whispered, "You're gonna be a mother."

Her ears focused back in on Simon, who was still looking at the comments. "'Would you ever want a kid with Andrea?' That's a bit personal, but I'm happy to answer. Of course I want a kid with her- she's perfect and would make an amazing mother. I can't wait for that chapter in our lives to come."

Andrea gave a short exhale that almost sounded like she was about to laugh. Her eyes glistened as she continued to watch her boyfriend fawn over the idea of them having a little family together.