FORTY EIGHT

Andrea went out that night, Freya clung to her side. They walked to a nightclub and danced most of the night away.

"We need more drinks," Andrea giggled to Freya. Freya nods, going off with her to find the bar. Once there, they order what they crave and wait patiently. As Andrea was spinning on her stool, her eyes caught with someone she didn't want to see. Her chest lit ablaze, her head pounded.

The blonde girl walked in with confidence, flipping her hair backward from her shoulder and letting it fall back down. Her bold eyes snagged on Andrea's, a cackle escaping her chapped lips. She strutted over to the two, slamming her hand on the counter.

"How's Simon?" she questioned. Andrea's stomach bubbled. "Bet he misses me."

"I don't know you," Andrea tried to lie. She did know who she was- but only because of Josh.

"I'm sure you do," she hisses, snapping her gum in my face. "That boy's knees would be quaking for me right now." Andrea gulped harshly, tasting bile.

"Don't talk about him like that," Andrea hisses under her breath.

"Oh, don't get so heated, sweetheart," she sighs. "You two were broken up, I know-"

"Stop talking," Andrea growled. "Before you regret it."

The woman inched closer to her until their noses touched briefly. "Make me regret it," she seethes. "Do your worst." Then, she spat on Andrea's face.

Andrea lost it- she went mental. A slap, kick, and punch lingered on the girl's skin, but her smirk only grew. This scared Andrea as she began to back away, terrified of the monster she was strengthening.

"See, I knew you were gonna be here," the girl chuckles. "That's why I came here."

"Well you can leave then," Andrea responds. "Or I can kick you about some more."

"Actually," the girl whips a gun out from the waist band of her skirt, aiming it directly at Andrea, who was shitting bricks by now, "you won't be doing that."

A boy slides into the club, not breaking anyone's attention away from the current scene unfolding. But Andrea's eyes floated toward him.

"Go ahead," she shouts, settling her eyes back on the crazed girl's. "Shoot me."

A gun shot went off, but Andrea didn't feel the slightest bit of pain. She examined her untouched body, lifting her eyes back to the girl. An arm was locked around her neck and a hand gripped her wrist tightly while pointing her gun at the ceiling. A guard came over and took the girl from the boy's grasp, the boy now staring blankly at Andrea.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" he mutters to her as she hugs him. He pushes her off, staring into her eyes with the intense fire of his green irises.

"I-I don't think I w-was," Andrea sputters. "Are you okay?" she asks in a hurry, analyzing his body.

"What the hell are you inspecting me for?" he shouts, shoving her hands away. "You almost just got yourself killed!"

"Josh, I-"

"Get in the fucking car," he sighs. When Andrea didn't move, it only pissed him off more. "Now!" he screamed in her face. With tears streaming down her face wildly, she fled the scene, but wasn't heading toward the car. She was headed home, with a heavy heart.

♡♡♡

A few knocks sounded at the door, all three gentle, as if the wood would fall apart under their touch. Andrea stood, dragging her feet to the door, clutching onto her robe.

Once the door was open, two strong pairs of arms wrapped around Andrea's. She hugged back when she recognized the person.

"Did you hear about-"

"Yeah," he mutters. He embraces her tighter. "I love you so much, you know that, right?"

"Of course I do-"

"Then why'd you tell her to shoot you," he mumbles. Andrea takes a sharp breath in and lets it out shakily.

"I honestly don't know, Simon," she replies. "I guess I just assumed Josh would save me."

"You can't assume that," he responds softly, his voice strained as he held back tears. "We could've lost you."

"I'm so sorry," Andrea sobbed, crying into his shoulder. Simon's heart ached badly, his head pounding to the point of no longer being able to hear things properly. It sounded like everything was far underneath water. His chest was weighed down, and not because of Andrea's lethal grip on him.

He almost lost the love of his life- and he had no idea how he would've handled it if he could no longer hold her in his arms.

a/n: i'm so sorry, i'm just having a major writer's block with this book (and every other book in my drafts). i want to write, but i have NO idea what to write about.

this chapter was a complete 'write as i think' and i'm so sorry for that. i feel horrible for being so bad at updating, but it's SO hard to think of things to write about right now. i'm trying to keep this book on the path of long-lasting, but it just isn't working very well.

again, i'm sorry for this horrid chapter. i love you all and appreciate your support. your comments always make me smile x