FIFTY EIGHT

ANDREA

I didn't want to be here. It wasn't my choice — I wished to be at home with Simon, cuddled in our bed. But instead I had to take another trip with Josh to our parents' house, without my beloved fiancé. Hopefully this was a short trip.

"I'm getting married in two weeks, what's so important?" I grumbled I sat anxiously on the couch in the living room of my parents' empty house.

"We're moving," our mother spoke.

"And that's why you brought the whole family together?" I question with annoyance. "To make the stupidest announcement in the whole fucking-"

"And we're getting a divorce," our father interjected. I froze. Josh did as well.

"Why?" Josh questions, his voice soft.

"We haven't felt anything towards each other that compels us to remain in the marriage for the past couple years," our mother explains. "There's just not a point anymore."

I looked to Josh, seeing tears well in his eyes. My heart broke as I watched the waterworks let loose.

"Is that all?" I ask, now angered that they upset Josh.

"I guess," our mother sighs. We didn't politely excuse ourselves or say our goodbyes — we stormed out immediately after our mother spoke those last two words.

"That's fucked!" Josh screams, punching the door of his car. He cursed again, sobbing as he examined his fist.

"Josh," I gasped, racing over to his side. I held his hand in mine, watching the bruises form slowly on his knuckles. My lower lip trembled as I looked into his eyes, seeing the hurt and grief instantly. "Oh, Joshua." I clung onto him like we were about to be separated forever, letting him cry on my shoulder. He'd always had a much closer relationship to our parents, so of course it would affect him way worse than it did I.

"Love never lasts, does it?" Josh questions, sniffling. "It's not as strong as the movies make it out to be."

"No, Josh," I remark, pushing him away from me and holding him arms length away with my hands pressed on his shoulders. "It depends on the couple. Love can be stronger than anything if you're with the right person."

"Will Freya and I last?" Josh pouts, wiping his face dry. "Because I really love her and couldn't imagine myself with anyone else." Okay maybe the actual divorce didn't upset him as much as the thought of no marriage lasting forever.

"You two are perfect for each other," I reply softly. "I promise." Josh held a face that lacked confidence in believing my statement, my heart dropping. "You both look at each other like a Disney couple would. You both have similar personalities and interests. Mom and dad... I mean, we both knew they wouldn't last because they were the exact opposite." Josh frowns, knowing full well how right I was. "Please don't ever think you'll lose Freya. She'd never be so stupid as to let you go."

"But what if I do something really stupid? Like... forget to cherish her every minute I can and tell her how much she means to me at least once a day? What if I end up focusing solely on YouTube one day and completely forget about her?" The panic in his voice really brought me to tears and made my voice shake when I spoke. Him being so worried about forgetting to love Freya really proved that he was the right person for her, which made me really happy for my best friend.

"You're overthinking, sweetheart. You will never forget about Freya. It's almost impossible to not remember her. Plus, she'd remind you of her existence if you ever did forget about her, even just for a second." He chuckles softly. "You two will make it all the way, Josh. I just know it."

Josh smiles down at me, embracing me once more. I felt tear drops fall on my shoulder again as well. "I'm super lucky to have a sister as amazing as you, Andrea."

"I know you are," I tease, squeezing him tight before letting go and allowing him to get in the passenger side, it being my turn to drive. I don't think Josh and I have ever been so close until now.

That day, on our way back to the house, we did everything best friends would do on a long car ride — eat some McDonald's fries as we jammed out to throwback songs and messed about with the drivers beside us on the road. It all really wasn't something we did, but I'm glad we became this way.

Without Josh, I know for a fact that I wouldn't be where I am today. Or even be alive this long. He was my knight in shining armor, in a brotherly way.

I couldn't be more grateful to have him in my life.

HOW CUTE ARE ANDREA AND JOSH AHXJSJF i would've wrote a more detailed chapter but school is causing my anxiety to climb to new heights (still) and i can't handle life as easily nowadays. i guess you could say i have writer's block again :/ but heY simon and drea are getting married soon *wiggles eyebrows*

okay i'm cringing why did i add the '*wiggles eyebrows*' AH okay bye hope you enjoyed some wholesome sibling time.