TWENTY EIGHT

ANDREA

Later that night, I arrived back home. With no ability to contain my happiness, I wake Freya up with a squeal.

"I thought you'd been kidnapped," she laughs, smacking my arm. "Where have you been?"

"Nando's," I grin.

"With?" Freya questions with an eyebrow raised.

"Simon," I sing. She pulls a face, making me laugh. "It gets better than that."

"Did he ask you out?" she shouts.

"How did you know?" I shout back.

"Oh my God!" she screams, stomping in place while giggling and repeating "I knew it!" over and over again.

"I'm as happy as you are," I cackle, trying to hold her down so we didn't get a noise complaint.

"That's fucking amazing!" she yells.

"Frey, hush," I giggle.

"But my OTP is back in action!" she retorts.

"Not yet," I shrug. She smacks my chest, scolding me for raining on her parade.

"When and where?"

"Well, we know you two have been rooting for us since day one sooo..." I watch Freya bounce from how impatient she felt in this moment. "We were hoping you and Josh, who actually already agreed, would join us in ice skating and dinner." She lets out a scream again.

"Of course!" she responds loudly, making me jump up and down with her.

"Okay then, grab your ice skates because our little double date is tomorrow," I inform.

"I can't wait," she cackles, giving me a warm hug. "The dynamic foursome is back in action."

♡♡♡

The next day passed by so quickly, as Freya and I surprisingly slept for most of it. We got ready together and went on a speedy scavenge for ice skates. Then got dressed and made up our faces, just in time for the boys to pick us up.

"Drea! Simon and Josh are here!" Freya shouts across the flat.

"Coming!" I yell back, finishing up my look before rushing out to them.

♡♡♡

Instagram
three hours ago

drearosex i fell after this pic was taken 📸 @zerkaahd

📸 @zerkaahd

389k likes      982 comments

miniminter But I picked you back up 😘
danielhowell @miniminter better have

zerkaahd You're such a klutz

freyanightingale Simon may have picked
you back up, but did he kiss
your booboo? 😏😉

tobjizzle Cute!!
drearosex @tobjizzle 💜💜

♡♡♡

After ice skating, we went for hot chocolate, which was at a stand just outside the rink with little tables surrounding the area. We sat at one, a smile glued to all of our faces.

Dinner and ice skating were now checked off the date list, so whatever happened next was completely unplanned.

"What now?" Josh questions as he finishes off his hot cocoa, Simon soon following him. Freya and I still had a bit left of ours.

"I dunno," I softly reply.

"How much you got left?" Freya asks me. I tilt my styrofoam cup towards her, as does she to me. "Race?" she smirks.

"Mine's still hot y'know," I chuckle.

"Only a real woman would," Josh challenges. I roll my eyes, allowing him to do a countdown from 3 before I showed my best friend up. It only took a second for me to drain it all into my throat, a couple seconds shorter than Freya. She gasps, calling me a cheater.

"My fucking tongue is burnt," I whimper, leaving my mouth hang open. Simon chuckles.

After Freya and I toss our cups in the bin closest to us, we grab our boys. Since we'd been holding hands almost the whole night, I meshed my fingers with Simon's and let us follow the path of Josh and Freya.

"I had fun tonight," Simon speaks. I turn my head to face him, his eyes already settled on my face. I smile up at him, agreeing. His eyes light up, his body loosening up a bit. It looked as if someone took a backpack full of rocks off his shoulders.

"Worried I'd wanna kick you in the shin by the end of the night?" I tease, referring to how relaxed he felt right now. He tensed back up, so I took my hand out of his and tried my best to wrap it around his neck. "I'm only pulling your leg," I giggle after I pull his ear close to my mouth. He laughs, relieving his body again. His head turns, but he didn't intend to make such an intense moment occur.

Our eyes locked, noses barely touching, my arm still loosely wrapped around his shoulders. The wind tosses my hair backward, the strands of his blowing toward me. I grin, looking up at his hair. Without thinking, I ran my hand through it. Once I realize what I've done, my body burns, mostly my face. I apologize and awkwardly step back. Simon, left in a daze, just gives a small smile.

"You two coming?" Josh calls out. Simon tosses his head back and forth a bit, as if to shake it awake, and tells them to keep moving, they'll catch up.

"What's up?" I ask with such innocence it practically killed Simon.

THIRD PERSON

It was hurting Simon's heart to desire their lips touching. The more he stood there, looking like a dumb, tall goofball, the more his body ached.

So without any more thought, he pushes his body forward, wrapping his hands around the crooks of Andrea's neck, tugging her face toward his. Their lips press against each other, and Andrea kisses back without hesitation. It was a soft, tender, and passionate kiss. One they'd longed for since Andrea came back home from France.

"I'm sorry," Simon whispers as their foreheads lean into each other, lips now separate. Andrea, wanting to assure him that he had no reason to be sorry, connected them again. This one ended rough, their bodies now tingling.

"We should probably catch up with them," Andrea chuckles.

"Yeah," Simon replies breathlessly. Andrea grips onto his hand once more, and drags him over to their best friends, who witnessed the whole thing from afar. Neither Josh nor Freya planned on talking about it, at least until they were alone with each of them.