SIX

"Hello?" Andrea heard a male's voice call out as the front door to her's and Freya's flat shut. She grew anxious, swiping the Xbox One controller from her bedside table, gripping onto it as she crept out to the living area.

She raised the controller above her head as she walked up behind the hooded man, ready to kick at the back of his knees, but he flipped around as the wood creaked beneath her feet, catching her arm as it flew towards his head. She huffed out a relieved breath as she recognized the lower half of his face, which wasn't covered by his hood.

He let go of her arm, flicking off his hood. Andrea smacked him in the chest, shouting and laughing at how horrible of a heart attack he caused her.

"I'm really sorry," Simon chuckled. "I'm not meant to be here," he explained, referring to his hood and no warning of visitation. Andrea threw a confused look at her ex boyfriend, pressing him to spill what the hell he meant. "I told Joanna I was heading home to edit the video we just made, but in reality, I'm gonna trash it and tell her it got deleted on its own."

Andrea held in her joy from hearing the news, feeling so happy that he was becoming less and less interested in Joanna.

"Why? Is it that bad?" she asks.

"She was practically on my lap," he sighs. "I don't want her getting attacked by crazy fans for that."

Andrea felt her heart drop. He was just protecting her.

"Show me the video," she demanded. Simon's eyes widened at how angered Andrea seemed by his statement. But then he remembered Andrea and Joanna's fight a long while ago, noting Andrea had every right to feel negatively about her.

"I don't want to," Simon finally answered. "I don't like her like that anyway, Drea."

"I don't care," she scoffed. "I want to see how touchy she was this time."

Simon gulped, also remembering the past couple times while Andrea and him were dating when Joanna would place her hand too far up on Simon's thigh as she would bend over and fake a laugh after Simon said something that wasn't meant to be funny.

"Andrea, its fine," Simon reassures, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. Andrea could feel herself relax under his touch, her eyes shutting as she allowed herself a few deep breaths.

"Why are you here then?" she asks calmly once her eyes reopen.

"I wanted to watch a movie with you," he grins. Andrea's heart flutters, and she nods slowly.

"What one?" she questioned.

"Anything your heart desires," he replied.

Andrea was in the mood for a romantic film, but knew Simon would suffer the whole way through. But a comedy would make Andrea suffer as she'd hear Simon's laugh, making her fall back onto the path of loving him.

So, for tonight, they'd watch a horror film. Andrea figured nothing could possibly happen between the two if they watched something scary. Both didn't mind the genre, but Simon definitely loved them so much more than Andrea did. Andrea knew they were fake, but they still kept her up at night.

Simon was shocked to hear Andrea wanted to watch The Conjuring. He'd already watched it with Josh awhile back, but Andrea failed to know the horrifying scenes it contained.

With a smirk slapped onto his face, he agreed and settled into the couch as he waited for the moment when Andrea would cuddle into him during their time together, maybe even begging him to stay the night so nothing would lurk up on her.