21

"Um, so yeah this is my other home." Liam mumbled as he shuffled behind Louis quietly.

The boy looked around unruly as he hugged his arms to his chest he felt like a puzzle piece that didn't exactly fit. He was a small boy who didn't earn much, here he was standing on marble floor in what he can only describe as a mansion fit for a king.

And it was Liam's...

Liam the friend he had thought was equally as broke as him. Liam the friend who had always had his back. Liam the friend who he thought had never lied to him.

"Lou..." Liam began placing his hand on the boy's back to gain his attention from staring at the real diamond chandelier.

The boy jumped backwards, "don't touch me Liam."

The latter frowned as he defeatedly tilted his head to the left, "please Lou... It's still me."

The small boy turned to Liam, rolling his blue eyes as he moved to sit on the stairs, staring at the Hollywood big shot in front of him.

"You don't get it though do you Liam? The 'you' I know, really isn't you. So maybe I don't really know you after all." Louis groaned, tugging at his bangs as he was failing to articulate his anger.

"I-I just can't believe you lied to me.... and not just a tiny lie. A massive huge lie! I don't care if you have $3 or a million Liam. You know I would always treat you the same."

The brown-eyed man softly sighs as he sits on the marble floor against a large pillar, a good five meters away from Louis.

"But Lou, it's not the money - it's the job. You're my best friend and I know you would never like the job I have... so I had to keep it a secret otherwise I would have lost you as my friend. Now look whats happening."

The shorter of the two frowned, staring at Liam, "Liam... I might not like that your job is literally to make others miserable but guess what? In the end, you do you. Whatever brings the money in. I would never ditch you, my closest friend in the world over something so absurd."

Louis paused standing with a scoff, "you know I'm a bit offended you would even think I would ditch you over this."

Liam watches as the boy walks to the door "wait Lou don't go..."

The shorter of the two merely rolls his blue eyes with attitude, "look I really don't want to speak, look or be near you Liam. I have work to do, oh wait or are you going to tell me you own Zayn and Harry too next?"

Liam doesn't respond merely gulps. Louis opens the door to notice Manny pulling up in the same Lambo as 5 nights ago.

"Oh look, seems you have work to do to."

Manny's eyes widened as he began walking towards the door only for Louis to immediately walk out, shoulder bumping harshly against his.

The makeup lover's eyes widened as he watched Louis jump into his beat up car and drive away. His eyes eventually moved slowly to Liam who was on the floor, shoulders sagging in disappointment.

"I take it Louis now knows."

Liam looks up, sarcastically barking in anger, "you reckon?"

How the fuck was he going to fix this now?

---

Harry immediately knew something was off when the small boy walked into the office and merely flopped into his office chair without remarking sassily in regards to Harry's suit.

It was one of the most out there in Harry's collection - I mean who else has a suit with Kiwi print on it? Yeah.... exactly.

Zayn shared a worried look with his husband before asking, "Louis, darling - what's going through that pretty little head of yours?"

The small boy lifts his head from his hands immediately asking, "did you know?"

The CEOS look confused, "know what Lou?"

"That Liam, my roommate, my best friend is a fucking millionaire and this huge PR dude who everyone is scared of."

The two CEO's eyes widen as Zayn bites his lip, immediately they both know lying is out of the question.

"Yes we did Louis. And before you become upset, we didn't tell you, merely because Liam threatened us. He has unimaginably power Louis, if Liam threatens you, you follow his orders because he 100% can follow through on those threats."

The small boy sat up as a tear fell down his cheeks, "I'm so lost Zayn."

The raven haired man smiled sadly as Harry stood up walking to the tiny boy, "come here give me a hug. How bout we skip work - all head back to Harry and I's place?"

Louis nodded as a tear fell down his cheek.

Yet strangely enough when Harry engulfed him in a comforting hug, it was then that he felt most at home. 

"I would like that..."