XL. Acedia

___________

Acedia is sorrow so complete that the flesh pervails completely over the spirit. You don't just turn back on the world, you turn your back on God. You don't care, and you don't care that you don't care

- Mishka Shubaly

___________

It's been years since they moved into their new home, yet hindi maalis sa isipan ni Corvette na parang may mali.

At alam niyang nararamdaman din ito ng kanyang kakambal. Even when Chaos was born, naging masaya ang kanilang pamilya ngunit sa kanyang isipan may mga tanong na hindi niya masagot.

Why was his earliest memory so clear to him? His parents along with him and his twin traveling to an unknown place to get away.

"I know na alam mo ding may kulang, may mali" Corvette would often tell Helaena. Frequently, Helaena just lowered her gaze.

In actuality, Emilia's memory block was lapsing. But, Helaena never told Corvette. She was contented with their lives now.

She went to school, she had friends, she had a family and a home. She was living, and she was treated as a human. Sapat na ang mga iyon kay Helaena.

"It's better not knowing about the past" was what she told Corvette, but Corvette was different. He hated the things he couldn't control, things he couldn't explain.

"Fine, if you won't help me I will find the answers on my own"  and so he did.

Even at a young age, Corvette was adept in using computers. He easily deactivated firewalls and security systems. But he was still a child, he was careless. He only wanted to know why a huge chunk of their memories were missing.

He even went to the hospital once to get himself checked. There he met a doctor, a neuro-psych her name was Eugenia Perrin. 

Heleana warned him about that woman but Corvette ignored her. That was until he was taken, he trusted Eugenia dahil sa lahat ng mga nakausap niya ay tanging ito lang ang trumato sa kanya ng seryoso.

However, to his regret, he found out that Eugenia Perrin did not actually want to help him, she wanted to study him for The Union. 

On the night of the kidnapping, he was the only target but Helaena refused to let him go kaya pati ito ay kinuha nila.