XXI. Masks

S O U T H E R N   P A C I F I C  O C E A N

Coordinates: Unknown
Depth: Unknown
All Vitals: Stable

"Have you found him?" a voice called out in a metallic tone, and a woman in shades nodded.

"He's found, master but we f-failed to apprehend him" she stammered, just then a lazy smile appeared on her master's lips as her master pushed a button. Electric shock immediately coursed through her body, sending her to the floor.

"I want him found, and I want him back here"

"Y-yes master. I shall retrieve specimen 000X for you, my master" she stammered as she willed herself to stand

"Good" came the chilling reply.

Just then a swish in the door was heard.

"What do you want Shera?" the voice of their master called out as the newcomer bowed down.

"The troops we sent to Specimen 000X has been annihilated master...as well as our troops in Iran. And master? We're under attack"

*****------------------------****

"Gabi na, ano'ng ginagawa mo dito?" Rigid asked habang prenteng nakaupo si Corvette sa sofa ng study room ni Rigid

"I watched it" he said, at bahagyang nagtaas ng tingin si Rigid "Yung memory card na binigay mo" Corvette quipped

"I've moved" Corvette said again and Rigid hope that what he understood was the opposite, pero alam na niya na tama siya.

"I see" Rigid casually replied

"I need your help y'know" saad ni Corvette

"I'm done with things like that" was Rigid's reply "I quit ages ago"

"Are you telling me to move on?" Corvette asked with a twisted smile, sometimes Rigid pitied the boy, but other times he was just wary of him.

"I can't tell you what to do" saad niya saka tumalikod.

"I understand that you have a new life now Rigid, that you're reformed, but aren't you bored? Don't you want to go back in the game and---"

"No" Rigid replied flatly, "May mga importanteng bagay na sa buhay ko ngayon Corvette, mga importanteng tao. At ayokong madamay sila dahil sa paghihiganti ko"

Ngunit sa halip na makitaan ng galit ang mga mata ni Corvette ay ngumiti lang ito.

"Para sa kapatid mo?"

"Sa mga magulang ko at si Ran" Rigid replied at tumango lang si Corvette saka tumayo. Corvette inhaled as smiled as he let out his breath.