13

oka kinda confused because like, it says I have 12 chapters on here. but when I go to the folder where I type all my chapters on word, it says I have 13. and i'm like. WHERE THE HELL DID I MAKE A MISTAKE. 

*

*

*

Payton's P.O.V

"bro stop throwing food at me" Shawn says as Aaron throws another fry, hitting him in the face. I chuckle.

It was the first time I was actually sitting in the cafeteria with Shawn, Aaron and Olivia.

"I'm surprised how your already just used to this. It took me a while to get used to their child-ness" Olivia whispers to me. I shrug and look at Shawn who was trying to make Aaron eat a chicken nugget.

"I don't mind it. makes them who they are" I smile. She nods and leans back.

"hey, you guys are going to get in trouble, the bitch is walking over here" she says. I look up and see Ms. Barrett walking towards our table. I groan and look down at my lap.

"what's going on here guys?" she says, looking at Shawn who had a fry sticking out of his mouth.

"nothing, just. Eating lunch" Aaron says. I chuckle, and shake my head

"is something funny, Ms. Rayne?" she raises an eyebrow.

"nope, not at all" I look at Shawn who was trying to hold in his laughter.

"well, how about you come and see me in my office when the bell rings" she says, I nod, she looks at the guys one more time before she turns on her heel and walks away.

"ooo you're in troubleeeee" Aaron says, making me laugh

"I didn't say anything that'll get me in trouble, I don't care. She doesn't like me anyways" I shrug. Leaning back.

"knowing her, shell give you detention for two weeks for saying what you said" Olivia rolls her eyes. the bell rings as I stand up

"want me to come with you?" Shawn asks me, I shake my head and smile

"no, I'm good, I don't want you being late, thanks though, I'll see you tonight?" I ask. He nods

"I'll pick you up at 6" he says. I smile as I walk away, towards Ms. Barrett's Office. I knock on the door, she opens it about 10 seconds later

"Payton, come in" she says. I walk in and sit down as she closes the door.

"I wanted you to come in and talk to me about what's going on these days" she says sitting down. I look around the room and sigh

"what do you mean, what's going on that I need to talk to you about?" I ask.

"I'm just, let's say, worried, about the people your associating yourself with" she says. I scoff and roll my eyes

"you're kidding me, right? you think I shouldn't be friends with Shawn? And the rest of them?" I ask.

"no that's not what I'm saying, all I'm saying is, you want to make sure you hang out with people who won't, be distracted" she says.

"before they came in my life, I had no friends, and I'm not going back to that person, I'm sorry Ms. Barret. But who I associate with, is none of your business" I lean back.

"Payton, just hear me out, I don't want your education being at risk" she looks at me.

"no, you're not worried about that. you're not worried about my education, you're worried about their reputations" I whisper. she looks at me and sighs