Chapter 4

Ahhh! Here's the next chapter! :) This story has great things to come! Enjoy!

~Carly <3

Ariana’s POV

“So tell me again why Harry didn’t kill you?” Louis asked as we lay in bed that night.

“I really have no idea! He said he practically saved my life once, but I don’t remember it!” I said.

“Hmm…weird,” concluded Louis.

I smiled as his confused facial expression before pressing my lips to his briefly.

“Goodnight Louis,” I whispered before snuggling close to his side.

“Goodnight Ariana,” he whispered.

After lying next to Louis for a full hour, he was fast asleep and my eyes were still wide open. I ran a hand over my face and sighed in frustration. Why can’t I fall asleep? I should be exhausted after the day I had today!

I angrily slipped out of bed and padded to the kitchen, where Jack was sipping on a cup of tea.

“What are you doing up?” he asked me.

“I could ask you the same thing,” I challenged.

“Couldn’t sleep,” he admitted.

“Me either, I don’t know why. It almost feels as if I’m supposed to do something,” I said.

“That’s weird,” said Jack.

We sat in silence for a few minutes before he yawned and sat his tea cup in the sink.

“I think I’ll head to bed now,” he said.

“Goodnight,” I said as he ruffled my hair affectionately.

The kitchen suddenly felt very confined and I pulled on a coat before stepping outside. My mind started to wonder to a pair of sparkling green eyes and a head of perfect curly hair.

No.

Stop thinking about him.

What did he mean he practically saved my life?

When I finally went back to bed and fell asleep, I had the weirdest dream.

I was walking into nothingness. White was surrounding me everywhere, as if I were standing in the clouds. I kept walking, but all I ran into was more clouds.

“Hello? Is anybody there?” I asked.

Silence.

“Are you looking for me?” I heard a husky voice from behind me.

I spun around quickly.

“Harry?!” I asked angrily.

“Ooh, that wasn’t the greeting I was hoping for,” he smirked.

“Get out of my dreams!” I yelled.

In a blur, Harry was standing not an inch from my face, his breath mixing with mine.

“Don’t lie; we both know you missed me,” he whispered.

“I haven’t missed you! You’re a monster!” I said.

“Yes, but doesn’t everyone deserve a second chance? You don’t really know me,” he pointed out.

“Well…I…….um…” I stuttered.

“Exactly. You find me mysterious; interesting. You’re dying to see me again,” he said.

With his mouth so close to mine, I was tempted to lean in and connect out lips. His looked extremely soft and inviting.

“Tell me to stop,” he said as he started to lean in.

I couldn’t form words as I eagerly waited for our lips to touch.

Just as our lips brushed……….

I woke up with a shock.

2 weeks later………

I haven’t run in to Harry once since that night, but I feel like someone’s been watching me. Tonight, I decided. Tonight I will find and confront him.

I got my bag ready before slipping out of the house, unnoticed.  My feet moved silently along the sidewalk as the full moon shone down on the midnight city. I should have thought this through more. I don’t know anything about Harry! He could kill me without a second thought. There’s no doubt he’s one of the strongest vampires I’ve ever met. As I stepped past the park, I heard a muffled scream from the dark shadows.

“Well hello Ariana! We meet again,” Harry said with a smirk as he stepped out of the shadows with a young girl in his hands.

“Harry,” I warned. “Let her go, and we can talk.”

“Hmm, I don’t know. She was so easy to catch; why would I just let her go?” he said while stroking her cheek.

The girl visibly shuddered as Harry’s hand made contact with her cheek.

“Please Harry,” I pleaded.

He sighed before staring the girl deeply in the eyes.

“You will remember none of tonight; now go,” he compelled.

The girl marched off in a daze and left Harry and I in an awkward silence.

“So? No steak through my heart? No bullet in my arm?” he asked cheekily.

“I wanted to talk to you,” I said quietly as he stepped closer and closer.

“Okay; talk,” he commanded.

“I know you’ve been controlling my dreams, and I want it to stop,” I said boldly.

“So, I get bored. Sue me,” he said nonchalantly.

“Stop invading my private dreams!” I yelled.

His eyes widened slightly at my sudden tone.

“I really don’t think you’re in a position to yell at me,” he said while grabbing my bag and throwing it behind him.

“You’re so irritating!” I said nervously.

“No; you’re afraid of me,” he concluded, hearing my heartbeat pick up.

“It’s not that I’m afraid,” I said. “It’s that I….”

“What?” he asked.

Before I lost my nerve, I closed the space between us and pressed my lips to his.

I pulled back almost immediately.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized before looking down.

“Don’t be sorry,” I heard him mutter.

Before I could process anything, he lifted my chin up and crashed his lips to mine.