124- Neville Deligates

"I'm not going to lie to you Gran, I don't really care who sits with who," Neville complained as his grandmother tried to get him to focus on the seating chart that she was making.

"Neville," his Gran tutted under her breath, "it's your wedding, not mine."

"So just let people sit where they want!" Neville offered.

"Nonsense, I really don't think that Venus would-"

"Ve won't care," Neville laughed. He spotted Halley and James walking outside and called them over.

"What is it, dad?" Halley asked.

"I have a job for you two," Neville smiled at them, "you can help with the seating chart."

"Ug," James complained as Neville jumped up and sat the two teenagers down in his seat.

"You guys did both offer to help. Now, this is helping," Neville told them, then he hurried off out of the Burrow's kitchen.

The house was strangely deserted as the women had dragged Venus away to go dress shopping, just leaving the men and children in the house. Sirius had wanted to go with his daughter to choose her dress, as had Arthur, but Molly, Ophelia and Fleur all insisted that they could wait to see the dress with everyone else.

To keep things simple, the couple had decided to get married at the Burrow like most of the other Weasleys. This meant that the Burrow was close to breaking point.

All of the Grandchildren (plus Hope and Alfie, who were honorary Weasley grandkids) were staying at the Burrow as they were still unable to apparate, so it was easier for them to be there.

Victoire and Teddy (both having graduated Hogwarts), ducked in and out of the house, offering their help, (in Teddy's case hindrance).

Even though they were not staying there, most of their extended family members were spending almost all of their time at the Burrow.

Molly Weasley had become like a drill sergeant, allocating them all long lists of jobs and making sure that everything got done.

Charlie Weasley was also staying at the Burrow, mainly because he had been home for Christmas, but when he heard about the wedding he extended his stay.

"Neville, there you are!" grinned Bill, "we're putting up the marquee and could do with an extra wand."

"I'm coming." Neville followed the oldest Weasley out of the house and into to the yard, where a large mass of white fabric was on the floor.

Despite it being January, they had decided to get married outside in the traditional marquee. They were going to be using Charms to keep the tent warm.

"On three," Sirius told the group who had gathered to put the tent up. "One, two, three!"

"Wingardium Leviosar!" Several voices cried and the tent floated upwards.

It pegged itself out, and the group returned indoors after not too long.

"Neville, can I have a word?" Sirius asked.

"Sure," Neville followed the man into an empty room. Sirius stopped and turned to Neville.

"Look, if you ever hurt my little girl, I swear, I'll-"

Sirius stopped when he saw that Neville was laughing.

"You do realize that Fred and George gave me this talk, back when Ve and I first started dating twenty-four years ago."

"Oh," Sirius blinked, "well, that doesn't change what I want to say, hurt her and I'll kill you."

Question: what has been your favourite part of this book?

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx