88- A Miserable Christmas

"Next time we take away the Wolfsbane." Alecto sneered when she eventually turned up, to release Venus and Neville the next morning.

"It didn't work the way they wanted it to." Neville murmured in triumph.

"The imperious curse doesn't work on Beasts." Venus murmured. "Neither does Crucio. Whilst I'm a wolf they won't work."

"So they can't force you to hurt anyone then- they can't use you against us," said Neville.

"No." Venus shook her head, "they can take the Wolfsbane from me. I've never transformed without it- I don't know what I'd do-"

"It's not going to be happen Ve." Neville stopped her and pulled her into a tight hug. "We won't let them take it."

********

With the Christmas holidays approaching, the whole population of Hogwarts had signed up to go home on the Hogwarts Express. No one was more excited to return home than the two Weasley girls. Because of their family's connection with the Order they had been unable to contact relatives, so neither of them had heard any news about what was going on in their family's lives.

"I can't wait to get out of here." Ginny said as she shoved the last few items that she wanted to take home over the holidays into her trunk.

Venus yawned widely. She, Neville, Luna and Ginny had spent the previous night releasing some students who the Carrows had chained up.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to be somewhere that I won't be called Mutt all the time." Venus mused. Ginny finished packing her last few items and the two girls headed out of the dorm, pulling their trunks with them.

Neville was waiting in the common room for them and joined them as they hurried out of the castle and loaded their trunks onto one of the carriages. Luna was already there waiting for them.

"Miss Black." The drawling voice of Severus Snape sounded from behind them just as they were climbing into the carriage. "Where exactly do you think you're going?"

"Home."

"No, no, no." Snape shook his head, "we must keep you on a tight leash, otherwise you might just wonder off." He grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the carriage.

"Don't touch me!" Venus tried to squirm out of his grasp, but he gripped her arm like a vice.

"Crabbe, Goyle, get Miss Black's trunk off of the carriage if you would." Snape said.

Venus shot a frantic look back at her friends as she was pulled back into the castle and they were shepherded into the carriage by some grinning seventh year Slytherins.

********

Venus's Christmas was miserable. It was spent alone in Gryffindor tower, dodging the Carrows.

It was a much easier job now that she was alone. There wasn't a single other student who had chosen to stay at Hogwarts, so Venus had full run of the place.

The rest of the students were due back the day after the full moon, and they arrived to quite a surprise.

Alecto Carrow had been placed in the hospital wing, with injuries that looked as though she had been attacked by a wild animal, and Venus was nowhere to be seen.

A seasonal chapter (in May) for you all!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx