111- Venus' Logic

"That book," Venus set the her copy of 'Dumbledore's Army: The Dark Side Of The Demob' down on the table in front of her, "is one of the best things I think I have ever read."

"Most people would be insulted by someone questioning their sanity. But no, not you." Mali giggled.

"I like to surprise people," shrugged Venus, "and hey, it's not like I'm the only one who Skeeter is being critical of. Unless my memory is mistaken, she said that Gin is, 'a pretty face who seduced the Boy Who Lived to advance her own prospects' and she called you 'dumber than door nail.'"

"Skeeter's writing always makes me feel appreciated," Ginny laughed.

"Don't worry Gin, she's just jealous because the prophet keeps giving you the good articles."

********

"This is going to be interesting." Venus watched as McGonagall called forwards her younger brother to be sorted.

"Want to put any money on what house they'll end up in?" Sirius murmured, "I put all my money on them both being in Gryffindor, but Lia thinks Hope will be a Hufflepuff and Alfie will be a Ravenclaw."

"I have Ten galleons on Gryffindor," said Lupin, "Dora thinks Hufflepuff all around."

"Why did I not know about this betting system?" Venus asked.

"We thought that he," Sirius pointed at Neville, "would disapprove."

"Well he does not, he wants to get in on it," said Neville, "but I think we should just watch the sorting, rather than keep talking about it."

The three turned their attention towards the stall, where Alfie sat, with his head obscured by the old sorting hat.

"Gryffindor!" The hat roared. The hall broke into applause. Alfie took the hat off and grinned at Venus and his father, who both gave him thumbs up, before he hurried off to the Gryffindor table, who were clapping loudest of all.

"Now all of my hopes, lie with Hope," said Sirius, as he continued to watch 'Carrington, Holly' being sorted.

After a while, Hope's name was called and she skipped towards the stall, sitting down and having the hat placed over her head. Only the ends of her long brown plaits stuck out underneath the hat, as it almost fell below her shoulders.

"Slytherin!" The hat yelled. Sirius and Lupin exchanged shocked glances as they applauded.

"I'm not going to lie to you, I kind of saw that coming," mused Venus.

"How?" Asked Lupin.

"The girl told me when she was only about three that she wanted to be minister for magic and would do anything to achieve that goal," Venus pointed out, "she is one of the most ambitious people that I have ever met, and I grew up with Percy-the literal definition of ambition."

********

Despite not being in the same house, Hope and Alfie managed to cause enough trouble to keep all of the teachers busy that year.

"You guys know better than this!" Venus shook her head at the two, "I thought I taught you well enough, but clearly you still need to learn how not to get caught." Venus was telling the two off after she caught them trying to sneak into one of the passageways and go to Hogsmead.

"It's not my fault that Alfie tripped and swore like a bloody idiot!" complained Hope.

"She shoved me!" Alfie huffed.

"Well, whoever shoved who, you'll both be serving a detention," she told them, "I think that Ne- Professor Longbottom has some fun repotting that you guys can do."

"Can't we just scrub desks again?" pleaded Alfie, "I'm terrible at plants."

"So was I, but the only way you guys will have enough motivation not to get caught, is if the punishment is something you don't like."

The two groaned.

"You guys can't deny my logic, no matter how hard you try!" grinned Venus, "now, you're going to be late for Charms, I know that Dad is kind of a chilled out teacher, but I wouldn't push him too far if I were you."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx