58- Neville's Past

They went to St Mungos again on Christmas day to visit their dad.

Venus however quickly drifted over to where Ethan was sat in his bed.

"Anyone come visit you today?" She asked him, as she took the seat beside him.

"No." He replied.

"Did you think about what I said?"

He nodded slightly.

"I don't know what else I can tell you other than it will be okay I guess," Venus shrugged, "I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. No it's not fun, but it's just like anything else. You adapt to it, and one day, you're not ashamed of it anymore."

Ethan still said nothing, she just stared into space in front of him, with unseeing eyes.

********

"Where did Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione go?" Venus asked her mother when she left Ethan's side.

"They went to get tea." Molly told her.

"I'll go find them." Venus headed out of the ward.

But she got lost very quickly, she was so preoccupied trying to work out where she was that she didn't notice the stern looking woman who she walked straight into.

"Owch." Venus was knocked off her feet, "sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." She apologised to the woman as she clambered to her feet.

"Venus?" Neville Longbottom was stood next to the woman.

"Venus?" The woman (who Venus assumed was Neville's Gran) demanded, "Venus Black?"

"Venus Black-Weasley." Venus corrected the woman, "what're you doing here anyway Neville?"

Neville's grandmother shot him a scathing look, "have you told no one Neville! You should be proud of your parents!"

"I am proud." Neville insisted, "I just-"

"We're here visiting my son and his wife, who were tortured to insanity by Death Eaters," Neville's Gran explained, "They wanted information, but Frank and Alice wouldn't give them it!" She said proudly. She shot Neville a sideways look, "Neville wait here why don't you whilst I use the facilities." She bustled away.

Neville stared at the floor, avoiding Venus's gaze.

"Neville I-"

"I don't want pity!" He said quickly, "that's the last think I'm asking for."

"I wasn't going to give you pity," Venus said, "I just- I didn't know."

"Yeah." Neville looked back down at the floor.

It was then that Venus decided that Neville deserved to know everything that she had been keeping from him.

"Well, it's only fair if you know my secret now isn't it." Venus told him.

"I already know about your father." Neville pointed out.

"Not that." Venus shook her head, so glanced around the corridor to make sure that no one else was there, "I'm a Werewolf Neville."

Neville stared at her, a look of understanding dawning on his face, as if all of the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place, "so that's why you-"

"-disappear all the time? Fall ill loads? Yeah that's why."

"How did it happen?" He asked, still seeming to be in slight shock.

"The night that Professor Lupin got loose in the grounds." She explained, "the night that I got this." She gestured to her scar.

"That long?" He marvelled, "you've been keeping it a secret from me for over a year."

"I know- I'm sorry- I just-"

"Right Neville!" Neville's grandmother had returned, "we'd better get going."

"I'll see you at school." Venus told Neville.

"Yeah." Neville said halfheartedly as he followed his Gran away from Venus.

Hey guys! I've decided to enter Venus in a few awards this year. I don't often do awards, but I just love this book so much that I couldn't help myself!
I have entered in in The Perfect Awards, The Oriel Awards and The Cherry Awards.
The Cherry Awards has a people's choice catagory, so I would really appreciate it if you would vote for Venus when the voting begins!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx