17- Story Time With Professor Lupin

"At least she didn't fall," Venus heard the voice of Mali as she came around. "She was so lucky that Fred was there to catch her!"

"I hope Harry is okay," Ginny said.

Venus opened her eyes and pushed herself upright.

When everyone noticed her getting up they swarmed around her bed.

The Gryffindor Quidditch team were there, covered in mud and looked slightly defeated. Ginny and Mali sat at the end of Venus's bed, and Ron, Hermione and even Percy were in the hospital wing.

Venus glared over and saw an unconscious Harry in the bed next to her.

"What happened?" Venus rubbed her forehead.

"Dementors," Ginny said, "they turned up at the Quidditch match."

"But I thought Dumbledore-"

"Dumbledore was beyond mad," Mali told her, "they came into the grounds."

Harry groaned and sat up.

"Harry!" The team hurried over to check he was okay.

"Where's Wood?" Venus asked George.

"He's in the shower," George explained, "we think he's trying to drown himself."

********

"PROFFESSOR!" Venus hurried after Professor Lupin the day she was let out of the hospital wing.

"Yes Venus?" The teacher turned around to look at her.

"I want to know more about my parents." She said.

"I don't think I'm the best person-"

"No you are," Venus stood her ground.

"Well in that case maybe you should step into my office." Lupin gestured to the door.

Venus stepped in and sat down in a chair across from Lupins desk.

"So what exactly do you what to know Venus?" Lupin set his books down in a corner.

"How did my mother die?" She blurted out before she could lose her nerve.

"Ah." Lupin folded his hands together, "I really don't think that it's a story you want to hear, at least not from me."

"No, please tell me."

Lupin looked at her determined expression before sighing, "your mother and father we're always very good friends, none of us were very surprised when they got married and announced that Marlene was pregnant." Venus laughed. "One night a few months after you were born Marlene was staying at her parents house with you, when the death eaters arrived, to the best of my knowledge your mother hid you so that you wouldn't be found and whilst you were hidden they k-killed-" Lupin sniffed slightly at this.

Venus put her hand on his arm, "it's okay."

"Your father was the one to find Marlene and her family. Alot of people say that's what drove him to betray Lily and James." Lupin sniffed slightly.

"So that's what I've been hearing when the dementors are near," Venus murmered.

"What?" Lupin frowned.

"When the dementors are close I can hear someone yelling," Venus explained, "I think it must be my father when he found Marlene dead."

********

Hufflepuff lost to Ravenclaw in their next Quidditch match leaving Gryffindor still in the running for the Quidditch cup.

Upon hearing this news Wood began training them even harder.

November turned into December which was just as rainy as the previous two months.

The week before the Christmas holidays were to begin Professor McGonagall kept Venus behind after class.

"Professor whatever you think I did I didn't do it," Venus said immediatly when the woman set her gaze upon her.

McGonagall surprised Venus slightly by laughing.

"No Weasley, I was going to give you this back," McGonagall pulled the Firebolt from under her desk, "we found no trace of any curses on the broom so it is safe for you to ride."

"Really?" Venus's eyes widened as she took the broom in her hands.

"If Black did send it, it was not his intention to hurt you," McGonagall smiled, which was a first for her. "Now you win the Quidditch cup this year, I don't think I could face Proffessor Snape again if we lost."

********

"Where in the world did you get that?" Oliver Wood stared open mouthed at the broom when Venus showed it to the Quidditch team in the common room that evening.

"It was a birthday present," Venus said proudly.

"Ve your birthday is in October, that was over a month ago, have you just been hiding it for a month?" Fred frowned.

"No McGonagall had to check it out to make sure it wasn't jinxed," she explained, "it isn't so she gave it back."

"Why would it be jinxed?" Harry frowned.

Venus went scarlet, no one on the team knew about her parentage, "It didn't say who it was from."

"I bet it's from Great Aunt Muriel," George stroked the broom, "she loves you."

********

"VENUS!" Ron, Hermione and Harry hurried upto her in the entrance hall the day before the Christmas holidays were to begin.

There had been a trip to Hogsmead that day, so Hermione and Ron had been in the villiage all day.

"Venus we need to talk to you," Ron grabbed her arm and pulled her around the castle until they found an empty classroom.

Harry shut the door behind him.

Ron locked eyes with Venus, "did you know about Black?"

Venus looked at her brother and his two friends, all of who had very serious looks on their faces.

"How did you guys find out?" Venus asked.

"We overheard McGonagall, Flitwick, Hagrid and Cornelius Fudge talking to Madam Rosmerta in the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmead." Hermione explained.

"So you know everything." Venus sat down on a desk.

"About how Sirius Black is your father?" Harry asked, "and how he's the reason my parents are dead?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much everything." Venus nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me? Who knows?" Ron demanded.

"Mum and Dad only told me at the end of summer," Venus glared at her brother, "and Ginny and Mali both know."

"But you didn't tell your own brother," Ron scoffed.

"Incase you haven't noticed Ronald," Venus jumped to her feet, "you've kind of got a tendency to blab."

Bit of background info with Lupin.
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx