113- The Legendary Dying Of The Hogwarts Lake

"Again, all of my money is on a Gryffindor victory all around," said Sirius as he watched his Granddaughter and Godson James walk into the hall, along with the rest of the terrified looking first years.

Both Halley and James were glowing with excitement. Halley was bouncing up and down as she walked and James's grin spread from one ear to the other.

"I think you might be right with that one," Venus was grinning at her daughter widley.

McGonagall began to call the students forwards.

"Longbottom, Halley," McGonagall called eventually. Halley almost sprinted towards the stall.

The hat had barley touched her head when it yelled, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Venus saw Alfie sat at the table, whooping loudly as his niece sat down beside him and clapping her on the back.

"Potter, James." Was the next name that McGonagall called.

This name was met with murmurs throughout the hall.

Sure, Hogwarts had been a buzz when Teddy Lupin began at school, and there had been much excitement when Alfie Black and Hope Lupin began at the school. And of course, the Longbottom name was a famous one, but none were as famous, as loved by the wizarding world as the Potters. So James's arrival at the school was much anticipated.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat exclaimed.

Halley clapped louder than anyone else as James hurried to sit at the Gryffindor table beside her.

"Merlin," Neville's eyes widened slightly as he saw the two friends exchange gleeful looks, "I'm definitely going to lose that bet."

********

"I'm going to be honest here Teddy, and say that I'm surprised you decided to take Transfiguration," Venus told Teddy on the first day of lessons, "I mean, sure you did well in your OWL, but I never got the feeling that you enjoyed the subject."

Teddy shrugged, "I do kind of like it."

"Well the lack of homework that you have handed in for the past five years says otherwise." Venus pointed out, "let's try and change it this year."

"Yes Professor Black-Weasley," Teddy gave her a cheeky smirk.

"Yeah, that's a good idea, get the teacher annoyed before the class even starts," Venus rolled her eyes, "good move Teddy."

She made her way towards the front of the classroom, "alright NEWT class, because of Mr Lupin here," the class groaned, knowing they were about to be set homework, "I'm going to ask for you to write me 26 inches of parchment on today's lesson subject, which is... drumroll please!"

The class bashed their hands on their desks.

"-human Transfiguration!" said Venus dramatically.

********

Neville lost the bet. In their second week in attendance at Hogwarts Halley and James put up one of Fred and George's portable swamps in the entrance hall.

In their third week, they switched the soap in the Gryffindor bathrooms so that it turned the entire house's skin bright red, and they all had to spend the day walking around bright red until Professor Slughorn was able to find an antidote to the dye.

Their fourth week, they went big. Hogwarts woke up to see that the school lake had been dyed the same colour as the Gryffindor hangings. Upon closer inspection, the teachers saw that there was a large Gryffindor lion crest floating in the middle of the lake.

"Pay up Longbottom," Sirius held his hand out.

"Who would like to volunteer to punish them?" McGonagall asked in a weary voice.

"I guess I'll do it," sighed Venus.

********

"You two have got some nerve," Venus told the two who were sat in her office later that day. "And I volunteered to take care of your punishment."

"Punishment for what?" James asked innocently.

"Don't try and pull that on me," laughed Venus, "once again, you're forgetting that I grew up with your Uncles Fred and George, I learnt to see through the innocent act at age two, so what type of punishment do you guys think is most appropriate?"

"No punishment?" Halley suggested.

"I don't think so, you guys are going to have a really fun few nights!"

"We've got more than one detention?" Halley looked at her mother incredulously.

"Of course you do! You guys are in detention every night this week. If we have one more big stunt like the ones you have been pulling so far, I won't hesitate to double your detentions, and then I'll do it again, and then again, right up until you guys get the picture."

"Your mum is mean." James murmured.

Halley nodded, "Tell me about it."

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx