3- Ginny Breaks A Window

It was clear to Venus that Ginny had a big crush on Harry. For the next week or so every time Harry walked into a room that Ginny was in, the Weasley girl would blush scarlet and quickly hurry out of the room.

"It's brilliant!" Venus grinned at Fred and George, "she's never been so quiet."

One morning Venus was being forced to help her mother produce breakfast for the occupants of the house when the Hogwarts letters began arriving.

Venus quickly ripped into hers which was addressed to 'Venus Marlene Weasley, The Shared Bedroom, The Burrow, Otterys St Catchpole, Devon' the letter told her to go the platform 9 3/4 on the 2nd of September where the train would take her to Hogwarts.

She was beyond excited at the prospect of starting school, she had been looking forwards to Hogwarts almost since Bill had left for school when she was barely old enough to remember.

"This lot won't come cheap mum," Fred, who was reading his own book list, said. "Who set all of the Lockhart books anyway, bet it's a witch."

"We'll manage," Mrs Weasley peered over Venus's shoulder to see her list.

Ginny hastily ripped into her own letter, and grinned at it's content.

"I've got a letter from Hermione," Ron said, as he read the letter, "she's going to Diagon Alley day after tomorrow."

"Excellent!" Molly clapped her hands, "we'll go then too."

The nest two days were a blur of excitement for Venus as all of her brothers gave her different advice on how to handle Hogwarts.

"Keep yourself out of trouble and in the teacher's good books, then maybe you'll make head girl one day," Percy told her in a haughty fashion.

"Don't be a git," Ron informed her helpfully, "and stay away from the Slytherins."

"Just cause Flitch as much havoc as you possibly can," Fred told her.

"Or we will have to disown you as our sister." George added.

Although Venus was very excited, she was slightly aphrensive. Among her family members she stuck out like a sore thumb. She didn't have the Weasley red hair, and she didn't have the Weasley freckles. However what she did have was the Weasley spirit.

The morning finally came when the Weasleys were to be heading to Diagon Alley and buying their school things.

Of course Venus had been to Diagon Alley before, but never had the trip been to buy her own books. She was beyond excited and bounced on the balls of her feet as the family congregated around the fireplace ready to take the floo network to the shops.

Arthur went first followed closely by Fred, George and then Ron. Harry was next, he coughed and stuttered as he had never used the floo network before.

Venus was hurried to follow Harry and emerged in the Leaky Caldron to see her father and brothers standing there.

“Where’s Harry?” Venus frowned as she dusted herself down.

“What?” Arthur frowned.

Venus’s frown deepened, “he left before me.”

Panic spread across Arthur’s face as Percy emerged from the fire.

Ginny stepped out, closely followed by Molly. The group hurried out of the pub and onto the cobbled streets of Diagon Alley.

“I’m sure he has just gone one grate over,” Arthur reassured his wife.

“Harry!” Molly sighed in relief, “Goodness, thank Merlin you’re alright.”

“’e came out in Knockturn Alley,” Hagrid, a very tall man patted Harry on the shoulder. Harry winced slightly.

“Well thank you for bringing him back,” Molly smiled.

“No problem Molly,” Hagrid grinned, “I’d better be off.” He sidled down the street.

“Harry!” A girl with bushy brown hair walked up and hugged Harry and Ron.

“You three go and get yourselves sorted,” Molly told Harry, Ron and Hermione, “Arthur you take Fred, George and Percy to get their supplies, I’ll take Venus and Ginny to get their wands.”

Venus, Ginny and their mother hurried off towards Olivander’s wand shop.

The bell jingled as the three walked into the shop.

“Hello,” a wispy man emerged from behind stacks of shelves. “What can I do for you?”

“I need a wand please,” Ginny said.
“Me to,” Venus added.

“Another Weasley,” Olivander eyed Ginny, his eyes moved to Venus and he smiled slightly, “I remember your parents well,” he told Venus, “Good people, both of them.”

“Thankyou…” Venus frowned.

Olivander looked back at Ginny, “Let’s start with you.” He perused some shelves and pulled out a long thin box. “Try this one. 10 inches, birch wood, Unicorn tail core.”

Ginny took the wand and waved it, smashing the window. Molly winced and waved her own wand, repairing the window.

“Perhaps not.” Olivander began the process of pulling box after box off of the shelves and letting Ginny wave it.

Finally Ginny was handed the last wand, “8 ¼ inches, Yew, Dragon Heartstring core, give it a wave.” Ginny did as he asked and a bouquet of flowers sprouted from the end. “I think you have found your wand.” Olivander smiled and then moved on to Venus.

Olivander went through the same process with Venus, pulling box after box off of the shelves.

“I have a feeling that this is the wand for you,” Olivander said finally as he pulled a box off of the shelf at the very back of the shop.

He handed Venus the wand and she took it, a strangely warm feeling spread through her and she waved the wand and fireworks shot out of the end of her wand.

“Hmm,” Olivander frowned, “Curious.”

“What is curious?” Venus frowned.

“That wand is extremely unique,” Olivander informed her, “I inherited it from Shikoba Wolfe when she died, it contains Thunderbird Tail feather, it is carved from Elm wood and is around 9 ½ inches.”

“Wow.” Venus looked at the wand in her hand in amazement.

“This wand will be extremely loyal to you and is particularly powerful, it will even defend it’s owner when it senses danger.” Olivander told her, “use it well.”

Hey, 1,000 words wooo!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx