31- Company Whilst Howling

Venus had sent a letter to her father telling him not to turn up. But she was pretty sure he was going to ignore her. He didn't seem like the type to listen to people.

Neville had insisted that they have a study session that day, Venus had unwillingly agreed.

"So how long does it take for devil snare to reach maturity?" Neville asked.

In response Venus banged her head against the table three times.

"What's wrong?" Neville set the textbook he was holding down on the table, "we went over this the other day, you understood it!"

Venus again banged Neville's head against the table.

"Ow!" Neville rubbed the spot that had hit the table, "what was that for?"

"I am miserable." Venus declared, "Therefore you cannot be happy, you must suffer with me."

"Um..." Neville blinked, he looked down at his watch, "It's getting pretty late."

Venus jumped up, "shoot, I have to go."

Venus hurried away; she sprinted through the corridors and arrived at the hospital wing.

"Miss Black-Weasley!" Madam Pomfry was stood with her hands on her hips, "you must-!"

"I'm sorry!" Venus declared, "Can we please just go?"

They walked towards the grounds and out to the Whomping Willow. Venus headed down the tunnel, moving as quickly as she could.

"Venus!" she emerged from the tunnel to see Sirius standing there.

"I told you not to come." She sighed and hugged him, "but I'm glad to see you." Sirius looked slightly healthier than when she had last seen him, but he did still look very thin.

Sirius laughed, "How are you kiddo?"

"I'm okay." Venus headed up the stairs and into the four poster bed room, Sirius followed her. "Can you like wait outside?"

"Of course."

Venus shut the door and quickly took off her robes.

"You really shouldn't have come here." Venus told him through the door.

"I couldn't not come." Sirius replied, "I know what Remus went through on the full moon, I can be here for you, so I'm going to be. Happy Birthday by the way." He added quickly, with a smile.

"Thanks, but it's really not that bad." Venus insisted as she folded up her robes and placed them in the corner, with her wand and shoes. "I have the wolfsbane potion."

"Venus, I haven't been there for you since you were a baby, let me be here now."

"Okay." Venus gave in eventually.

"Can I come in now?" Sirius asked.

"No I'm naked." Venus protested.

"Venus I changed your nappies!" Sirius laughed.

"And I'm naked!"

The door opened and Sirius walked in anyway.

"Dad!" Venus grabbed one of the dusty blankets and wrapped it around herself.

"If it makes you feel any better then I'll turn into a dog." He suggested.

"I guess you've got to do that anyway." Venus shrugged.

Sirius gave her a reassuring smile, and then his features began to morph until he fell down onto four legs in the form of the big shaggy dog.

Sirius had been concerned about his daughter and her transformations. She hadn't mentioned them in her letters and had seemed to avoid the subject. The long scar down the left side of her face was a reminder of how Sirius had failed to protect his daughter. He was determined to be there for her to make up for what he had failed to do.

Sirius had been so lost in his thoughts that he had missed Venus jumping to her feet and retreating to a corner.

Her hands were over her face and she was shaking uncontrollably. Then she began to change, her face lengthened and her hands turned claw like. In no time a werewolf stood there.

Sirius was not afraid, he had seen werewolves plenty of times before, but seeing Venus in this form unsettled him slightly. He could see that she was still herself because her eyes were the same. Marlene's eyes. Her eyes were wide with fear as she curled up into a ball.

Sirius darted over and nuzzled her face, letting her know that he was there for her.

********

"Thank you," Venus said eventually, after she had got dressed in the morning.

"No problem kidddo." Sirius ruffled her hair. "I'll be here anytime you want me."

"Thanks." Venus smiled and yawned.

"Your birthday present should be on your bed," Sirius added.

"I've got to go." Venus said, "The champions for the tournament were chosen last night."

"I'm sure I'll hear everything about it." Sirius grinned. "Off you go."

"I'll see you soon." She quickly pulled him into a hug and then hurried away.

Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx