122- The Year Of Detentions

"Mayhem." Sirius laughed, looking out across the great hall. As he, Remus and Venus walked in after a full moon. "It's complete mayhem."

"You don't need to tell us that," yawned Remus, "I've been overseeing detentions all week."

"I think it's the excitement of all of the big names being under one roof," said Venus. It was true. Ever since the beginning of the school year, and all of the Potter and Longbottom children finally being at school, all of the students had been more prone to pranking.

There had not been a day when at least one student wasn't in detention. The main problem was the fact that Hope and Alfie, Halley and James and Nysa and Lily were all trying to outdo each other in what appeared to be an all consuming prank war.

Nysa had dragged Lily down with him as, "I need a partner in crime!"

"Well, I'll see you two later, I don't have to teach a class until lunch, so I'm going to nap," Remus said.

"That sounds like a good plan," Sirius agreed. The two bid Venus goodbye and she made her way up to the teacher's table and sat down in her seat beside Neville.

"Here you go," Neville handed Venus a steaming cup of coffee.

"Mmmmm, thanks," Venus grinned and began drinking the coffee.

"Nova hasn't looked up from her book since she walked into the hall," said Neville, looking over at his daughter.

"She likes reading," Venus shrugged in between sips of coffee.

"Selene has been talking to her the entire time," Neville noted.

"Selene talks as much as her mother," Venus laughed, "me and Ginny never listened to most of it either."

********

"Always with the running," Venus laughed as Halley and James sprinted past her and Neville.

"They're quite fast," Neville watched as Hope and Alfie emerged, chasing the two.

"I think that's a good thing, or Alf and Hope would have killed them," laughed Venus.

"At least we're going to have a bit of a break over Christmas." Neville sighed.

"No we're not," Venus pointed out, "Christmas day at the Burrow, everyone be there or else." She quoted Molly's letter back to Neville.

"And we're visiting Gran," Neville remembered.

Venus scrunched up her nose, "she always tells me that I'm not raising our children right. She's never liked me."

"You're right," shrugged Neville, "but she doesn't really like anyone, so-"

"She said that Halley is a delinquent."

Neville snorted, "Halley is a delinquent."

********

"Ah, quiet as last." Venus snuggled into Neville's side late on the first night of the school holidays. Halley, Nysa and Nova had finally gone to bed and the two were alone for the first time in quite a while. "I feel like I never get the chance to speak to you properly anymore."

"Thats because one or the other of us is always chasing after our crazy kids, overseeing a detention, or howling at the moon." Neville poked Venus in the hip, making her squeal.

"We just don't have enough time." Venus settled her head on Neville's shoulder and he rested his head on her's. "I love you Nev."

"I love you too Ve," said Neville. They fell into a comfortable silence. "Let's get married." Neville suggested eventually.

"I thought we were already going to get married," Venus pulled the chain with her ring out and showed it to him, "isn't that what this is about?"

"No, I mean lets get married now." Neville laughed, "we're on holiday, all of our family and friends are in the country for once, our kids aren't at school, it's a once in a lifetime chance."

"Get married?" Venus blinked, "now."

"If we don't do it now, when are we going to?" asked Neville.

"I guess, but-" Venus continued to protest.

"No, don't overthink it," Neville put a finger on her lips to stop her protesting any further. "Here's my suggestion, we tell everyone tomorrow, and we've still got two weeks left of the holidays which we can organise everything. With your mother on the case, we'll definitely be able to get everything done in time."

"Okay, let's do it," Venus laughed, "let's get married."

Dun! Dun! Dunnnnnn!
Who's looking forward to a Nevus wedding? I can tell you that I am!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx