19

This part is the day Linda aka Liam's mother left. Liam is 10 in this.(yes Liam is a bit childish as a 10 year old but it will make sense later.)

Linda's POV

I turned to say morning to Sam but he wasn't in bed, typical. I got up, stretched and went to Liam's room to wake him up. He hates going to school but he needs to.

"Liam..." I whispered. "It's time to get up sleepy head."

"No" I sighed.

"If you don't get up right now then the monsters from under your bed will attack. I don't know if I can fight them off again." He jumped up, seeming to be wide awake.

"Ok, I'm up." I picked him up and brang him to the washroom.

"Ok brush your teeth and do it properly this time." He laughed.
Last time I left him alone to brush his teeth he ate the tooth paste because it tasted like strawberries. He's such a silly kid.
I watched him brush his teeth for a bit and then left to go make breakfast.

"Linda, where is my phone." He was on the phone.. his phone.

"Honey, you're using it." He growled.
"I'm leaving." He banged the front door shut. A few days ago we went to a doctor for check ups and turns out that Sam has something. I don't know what it is exactly but I know it has something to do with his temper.

I quickly put Liam's lunch together and started making some eggs. Then I heard a thud from upstairs followed by a loud cry. I ran upstairs to see Liam struggling to get clothes out of his closet. He was on the floor surrounded by clothes that had fallen out.
I helped him up and wiped his tears.
"Liam, are you okay? Where does it hurt, honey?" He stopped crying and reached for his bum. I slightly chucked and his face began to lift up.
"You fell on your butt?" He nodded laughing away his tears.

"You silly boy." I hugged him and then picked up his clothes folding them together again. After I picked out his clothes I ran down stairs to see the eggs burnt.
"Shit." I whispered. I cleaned it up making some more eggs and fed Liam.
I brought him to school and then headed to work.

*****

I stopped at a red light a little more then half way to work when my phone rang. Picking it up I saw my bosses name as the caller ID. I quickly picked it up due to how mad he can get when I don't.

"Good morning sir." I spoke with clarity.

"Hi, I need you to get here as fast as possible. There's a new mission and you have to take care of it." He sounded a bit worried and that's not how he usually speaks.

"Is everything alright?" He sighed telling me to just hurry and get there. I then hung up and tried to drive there fast without getting pulled over.
As soon as I got there my phone rang again but this time it wasn't my boss.

"Hello dr Kingsley." I greeted.

"Hi Linda, I have some news about your husband and surprisingly your son as well." Hearing about Sam wasn't my issue, it was hearing about Liam that made me worried.

"What's wrong with Liam?" I asked

"He seems to have some ADHD but we need to take some more tests if that's alright with you. And your husband, Sam has something we couldn't detect so we need to take some tests on him too." ADHD? I mean, it does make a bit of sense but not really. Liam has always been different but I didn't expect that kind of different.

"Ok when can I bring them in?" He sighed.
"This afternoon if that's alright. Maybe at 5:30?" I nodded but then noticed he couldn't see me.

"Yes, that's fine." I got out the car still on the phone but hoping this call would end soon.

"Bye Linda, see you soon."

"Yup bye." Today's going to be a long day.

******
Walking into work I was brought with absolute chaos. People running around, papers flying in the air. I could hear yelling and everyone seemed to be stressed out.

"Linda, you're here. Thank god." One of my work friends (I guess you could say) says to me.

"Yea, what's going on?" I replied while looking around.

"Turns out the mr boss man doesn't know how to be a boss at the moment." She chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I said sternly. She straightened up trying to give me an answer.

"He's in his office worrying about something that's making everyone else worry. People are running around yelling because he.. well... he basically just said "holy Jesus we're in trouble" and some other jumble of stuff." She explained.

"I'm going to go and talk to him." She smiled as I walked towards his office.
Opening the door I was brought with his back towards me.

"Mr black, you said something about a mission?" He turned around looking awfully scrambled in thought.

"Yes, yes." He sat down in his chair behind his desk. He opened his computer scanning a few things over.
"Mission 1.A was not successful, so in order to take care of the damage... we need you to go through with plan 2.B" I sat down in the chair in front of his desk confused.

"What mission is this?" He sighed.

"Mission Staller, Linda. Turns out Jefferson couldn't take it."
Jefferson was another spy in our team. It's not really like we are spy's but it's just a word to describe what we do. I haven't heard from him in months so I really wonder if what he means by that is that Jefferson got killed while trying to pursue the task at hand.

"Why are we skipping to 2.B and not 1.B?" He sighed once again.
"Linda... Jefferson messed up the whole mission and with what we are left with, we have to get rid of it." He shut his computer leaning back in his office chair.

"Get rid of it how?" If he says what I think he's going to say then i might just blow up.

"Kill, you have to kill the Stallers, including the child." I was shocked to say the least.

I've never killed someone and I've never even done a mission before. How the hell am I supposed to take the lives of three people.
Including a young innocent child?

********
Hey everyone! A lot has been happening so I'm sorry for not updating...thanks for 1,000 reads! Means a lot :)

-lilly<3