Chapter Seven

(A/N - more smut 😏)

A week had passed since the unveiling of Ichigo's pregnancy. The whole Arrancar "family" now knew. And Ichigo had been hiding in the bedroom for most of that week. Grimmjow hadn't been allowed in bed with him, still, and it was frustrating him. He didn't know why Ichigo was so pissed, it was an accident he didn't purposely impregnate him. And after all, Grimmjow told him many times that he was going to be there for him during the whole pregnancy and afterwards. Ichigo still wouldn't have it.

Grimmjow was coming back from patrolling the land around their house, ensuring everyone's safety. When he came back, he knew he wouldn't be allowed to go into the bedroom and shower, so he went off to Szayel's room where he'd been showering lately.

Once Grimmjow came back to their living room, he sighed and flopped over on the couch. He was only wearing his boxers since his shower, letting himself relax. His eyes fluttered closed as he thought about his future cubs. How many would there be? Would they be boys or girls? What would they look like? Soon he was asleep, worn out from the patrol and the constant thoughts of his cubs.

"Grimm?" Ichigo called softly from the doorway. He was wearing a large t-shirt and boxers, and looked like he'd been awake for days on end. There were dark bags under his eyes and his hair was ruffled. When Grimmjow didn't move or respond, he called out to him louder.

Grimmjow rolled over, startled, and jumped to his feet. "What?" He rubbed his eyes and then saw his mate looking rather pathetic in the doorway. "Ichigo? Are you okay?" Suddenly, his heart sank. He hated to see his mate so depressed and tired.

Ichigo shook his head and then looked down at his feet. "I can't sleep. I'm lonely." He sighed. "I miss you, Grimm."

Grimmjow smiled softly and got up from the couch and sauntered over to Ichigo. He wrapped his strong arms around the smaller boy's waist and pulled him close. His nose went to the orange hair, smelling the sweet fruity scent of his lover and becoming almost instantly intoxicated with him. "Aww, baby," he said softly.

"Hold me," Ichigo whispered, it was almost too soft to hear. But Grimmjow heard him and scooped him up into his arms and carried him bridal-style into the bedroom. He put him down gently on to the large bed and then curled up against him.

The two were almost asleep when Ichigo jolted and gasped. Worried, Grimmjow sat up quickly. "What is it? What's wrong?"

Ichigo rolled over and his eyes were wide. "T-they moved!"

Grimmjow raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

Ichigo grabbed Grimmjow's hand and placed it over his swollen abdomen. "The cubs!" He smiled softly. "I haven't felt them before. But they're moving!"

Ichigo and Grimmjow felt the little ones inside of Ichigo's belly move, it felt like bubbles under his skin. Grimmjow's eyes grew wide and then his expression softened into a sweet smile. Ichigo could see the pride swell in Grimmjow's eyes, and it made him feel like a jerk for being so mean to Grimmjow the past week.

"Grimm, I love you," Ichigo said, his cheeks turning pink. He looked away from Grimmjow's gaze.

Grinning, Grimmjow leaned in and kissed Ichigo's blushing cheek. "I love you, Ichi, and our cubs." He nuzzled against Ichigo's neck and laid back down, pulling Ichigo with him.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

Ichigo was now out and about in the living room area, sitting on the couch and reading a book about pregnancy. Of course, it was a book that Szayel had gotten from the living world and it was pertaining to human pregnancies. Though, it was better to learn something rather than nothing about what was to happen to his body over the next weeks and months.

Nell jumped on the couch and snuggled up against Ichigo, resting her head on Ichigo's stomach. "Itsygo? Why can't I feel them?" She mumbled to the redhead.

Ichigo chucked softly and ruffled Nell's green hair. "They don't move constantly, Nell. But I'm sure if you wait around they will move soon." He went back to his book, learning about what was developing inside his babies' bodies during the different weeks. Szayel still wasn't sure how long his pregnancy would be. It was tricky because each breed of Hollow is different, and since Ichigo was half Hollow and half human, mixed with Grimmjow's feline type it was almost unpredictable. They were assuming at least 100 days for the total gestation. And it was still hard to tell how far along he was. He was definitely a third or more through the pregnancy since he can feel movement.

The fear of childbirth was beginning to really scare Ichigo. He wasn't sure how it was going to work. He didn't have the lady parts that were necessary for delivery. Does this mean there would be surgery? They would probably be cutting the little ones out of him. That sounded so scary and painful, he had to quickly distract himself with another thought. Names. What would he name them? He didn't even know their genders yet.

Ichigo was distracted by the bubbling feeling in his stomach and then not two seconds later Nell giggled and clapped her hands. "I felt it, Itsy!" Ichigo smiled at her again, loving how delighted she was by the simple movement of his cubs.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

"Grimm!" Ichigo called out. He was on the couch, spread out with his belly that was growing so rapidly bulging from underneath his shirt. He rubbed his stomach tenderly, wishing he could feel his babies through his skin. He was growing more attached to them by the day, and he loved them already.

Grimmjow popped his head into the room. "Ya?"

"I'm hungry," Ichigo mumbled. "I want ice cream!"

Grimmjow raised a blue eyebrow. "Um, we don't have any ice cream, Ichi." He braced himself for a violent outburst from his hormonal mate.

Instead of the expected anger, Ichigo puffed out his bottom lip and lowered his brows. He was pouting. Over ice cream. "But…"

Grimmjow sighed, running a hand through his thick blue hair. "A'ight. I'll make a run to da living world. Anythin' else while I'm there?"

Ichigo's eyes light up with glee. "Tacos!"

Nodding, Grimmjow turned and left to go outside. He set off for the world of the living to gather tacos and ice cream for his pregnant mate who had been suffering with food cravings for the past few weeks. As far as Grimmjow was concerned, this pregnancy couldn't end soon enough. It was growing tiresome. But he couldn't deny that he was excited to be a father. The thought of holding his cubs in his arms brought a soft smile to his face as he trotted through the streets of Karakura.