Chapter Six

(A/N - SMUUUUTTTT!!!!!)

A little over a month had passed since Ichigo had arrived in Hueco Mundo and become Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez's mate, six weeks to be exact. Not much has happened differently. He arrived and was claimed by Grimmjow as his mate. He learned that hollows, including arrancar, can be "mated" to one another regardless of gender. To be "mated" two hollow beings have initial attraction to one another, it's almost like love at first sight, and something inside them points them in the direction of one person. Some experience that feeling stronger than others, sometimes it's not quite as obsessive. From there, the two mate, and during the mating process the dominant partner "marks" the submissive. This is done during sex, like stated before, and the dominant shoves all of his reiatsu into the submissive and when the submissive accepts it, he returns it with his own reiatsu and the two swirl together and create a bond – almost like a braid. The two are literally linked together. After a pair has been mated it is not generally a good idea to be apart for long periods of time, seeing as how their reiastus have combined, if one disappears, the other would crumble. Ichigo has also heard that no matter the gender of the submissive hollow, they are capable of becoming pregnant with a dominant's sperm. If the submissive is male, the organs will shift in the abdomen and a new organ will form that is similar to a human uterus. Even females grow a new uterus, this is because a human uterus is not strong enough to support a growing hollow fetus. The fetus could kick or even just shift slightly and tear the uterine walls and it would be detrimental to both the mother and child. The hollow's uterus has a thicker lining, creating a more study placenta.

Ichigo had long since placed the idea of being pregnant out of his mind. Since being mated to Grimmjow, Ichigo has pushed him to use contraception; he was terrified of being a pregnant male. Then there would be no way for him to show his face in the world of the living or even the soul society. Grimmjow has agreed that he is not ready to be a father to any cubs.

Since the huge turn of events in Ichigo's life he has learned to like his situation, and he is fitting in just fine with the arrancars. He is mostly a homemaker; he helps out with cleaning and preparing meals. As much as it drives him insane to say inside and only just right around their fortress, Grimmjow has told him many times that other dominants would smell him out and rape him. That was enough for Ichigo to give in and stay within the safety of their walls. Grimmjow and Starrk are the hunters; they go out in search for meat and bring it home, almost like the male lion with a den of lionesses. Nell is mostly childlike – whether she is in her adult or child form. And she is always by Harribel's side, Ichigo had never been confirmed, but he had a suspicion that they were a mated pair. Of course he was too shy to ask. Szayel was the group's doctor figure, and scientist. He was usually in his lab, working on his experiments, only really leaving when he needed to provide first aid to someone or to eat. And that was their family.

Ichigo had been growing sad that not a single shinigami had come to rescue him – or even tried to check up on him. He was beginning to think that the soul society had set him up to be captured out here in Hueco Mundo – or worse, killed. He tried not to think about it, as it only made him feel forgotten and abandoned. He also hadn't heard from any of his friends. Surely they had contacted the 13 court guard squads to find where he had gone to, right? But alas, no visitors, and no messages.

While he was preparing the evening meal, with some help from Nell. He was chopping some onions that he'd picked earlier in the garden. As soon as he was a few slices in he put the back of his hand to his mouth. He held his breath as the stench from the fresh onion made him feel a twinge of nausea. He put the knife down and turned around from the cutting board.

Nell looked over to Ichigo with a puzzled expression. "Ichi? Are you okay?" She put a hand on his shoulder. "You look a little pale."

Ichigo shook his head. "No, I'm fine. Just a random bit of nausea, no big deal, those onions just smell so strong!" He smiled at the green haired girl and then turned around and held his breath as he quickly chopped the rest up.