Seven

Deciding to sleep in, was one of the best idea's I had in a while. I even made sure to silence my phone the night before to make sure no one could bother me. It's turned cold outside forcing me to keep the window's shut. I'd grown use to the noises drifting up from the street. Now muffled, I laid silently straining to hear them.

Checking my phone, I noticed two voicemails from mom. Originally she called to have our usual Saturday morning catch up. Then when I didn't answer, it turned into a lecturing voicemail about me wasting my day away sleeping. Ugh, she's such a morning person.

Ryder made me aware the night before, letting me know he had two tutoring sessions this morning. So I knew he'd be busy until sometime in the afternoon.

Chloe texted me late last night apologizing for her awful attitude over the whole situation with Bailey. Also, she wanted to check and make sure I was really ok with her taking Sunday off. After our work drama was cleared up, she asked me to join her and Brax for breakfast this morning. Thanking her for the invite, I declined politely, telling her about my less exciting plans to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Starting the coffee pot after showering, I had to admit, it really was a nice feeling knowing I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted. Coffee mug in hand, I head to the sofa to lounge while I organized some of my class notes on my laptop. Once I felt like everything was in order, I closed the laptop and decided to give the loft a swift cleaning. Which, really didn't take long since I live alone and am kind of known for being a neat freak. I mean, I am my mother's daughter after all.

Realizing there was nothing left for me to do, I poured my third cup of coffee to sip on while I called mom back. Getting comfortable on one of the bar stools, preparing myself for her 'sleeping the day away' lecture. When she answered on the second ring, I quickly tried steering her to our weekly catch up session. I couldn't believe it when she followed my direction without protest. I almost fell out my seat, when she only made a few comments about me wasting my day and quickly moved on.

Our catching up didn't take long on her end, things at home were slow and uneventful. It was me that took up most of the conversation. I told her about the work drama, and we talked about my classes. Of course, minus all the filthy-talk I'd been subjected too. Holy smokes, she'd have a small stroke if I told her some of the awful things I'd listened to during creative writing. And a thought struck me... Maybe I should remind Ass Whisper that it was creative writing, not creative speaking.

Before we ended the call, dad got home. With his job on the railroad he always worked odd hours leaving us little time to talk. So it was nice to hear his calming voice.

All and all, today was doing a phenomenal job at canceling out the horrible one before it. And, taking the sting away from the fact that my hours were getting cut, and that's the reason I'm sitting at home feeling so refreshed today.

                                                                                             **~**

"Where do you wanna eat?" Ryder, yelled from the kitchen while I finished getting ready.

"You choose." I shouted back from the bathroom.

I decided to actually put a little effort into my appearance tonight. Usually rushed, I'd just throw on something comfy before heading out the door. I really didn't take much time to think about what I was wearing, let alone how I looked in it.

I ended up settling on messy curls, feeling they added a little character to my average looks. Next, I opted for a touch of makeup to highlight my dark brown eyes. I even took the time to dig my knee length boots from the back of the closet. Lastly, instead of wearing one of the usual hoodies I loved so much, I selected a long sleeve shirt that actually fit me, revealing what few slender curves I had.