Chapter 45 - Gone

Start from the beginning

"I'm here for Amara Bell," I said out of breath. I didn't realize how much I ran until then. She tapped a few buttons on the black keyboard in front of her.

"Are you a parent?" She asked. I looked at her with an eyebrow cocked and my mouth slightly open. "I'm assuming no. Friend?"

"I'm her boyfriend, ma'am," I smiled as nice as I possibly could.

"Oh, okay," she slid her glasses up. "I'm not allowed to let friends back-"

"Listen lady, I have known her for over twelve fucking years. If you don't let me go back they're, I swear to g-"

"Room 112," she cut me off. "Go. Now." I turned and ran through two heavy white doors, I wasn't surprised of the color.

The adrenaline came back to me, I eventually came to the end of the hall. I was still only at room 94. My body took a left before my brain could comprehend what I was doing. A few doctors and nurses were sitting outside of a room.

I slowed down and walked up to them. "Excuse me," I mumbled. The hall became silent. I walked through the door they were standing in front of. Inside, Amara was laying on a white bed covered in wires hooked up to multiple machines. "Oh my god."

"Sir, we have to take her to get radiation in a few moments, please get out of the room," a doctor looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Will she be okay?" I asked with tears welling up.

"There is a very slim chance she will, she's at a late stage," he said in the calmest voice ever. "Please go to the waiting room, we'll call you back later. What's your name?"

"Cameron," I replied.

"Okay, Cameron, go," he strictly said.

I turned to the door and slowly walked out. My head faced my vans, the vans she got me for my birthday. I looked up, Nash and Carter were walking ahead of me.

"How is she?" Nash asked.

"Hooked up to wires, currently being taken to radiation," I mumbled out. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Will she live?" Carter questioned.

"There's a very slim chance," I choked. My mind went blank. Everything I ever thought was supposed to be part of life disappeared.

The hallway became pure white, the sounds flourished. Every beeping sound in the hospital sounded as if it was blasting in my ear. It became agonizing. Each beep synchronized with my heartbeat. Every beep was a shot of pain to my skull. I slowly kneeled down to the ground. My knees touched the white tile carefully. My hands reached for my hair slowly yanking as the excruciating pain shot through my body.

"Cameron. Stop," Nash slid on his knees next to me. He then adjusted his body to face me. "Cam, calm down." His hands touched mine and he started to pull them away from my hair. I'm surprised I didn't become bald. My hands touched my thighs. Nash's hand touched my shoulders. "Listen to me," he began. He stared straight into my eyes, the blue color mesmerizing. "You need to calm down. I understand you're crazy about her. But the only thing you can do is wait. Let's go to the waiting room, I'll get you water, okay?"

I looked away from his eyes, I needed to escape the captivation. "Okay," I responded. Nash stood up and offered me a hand. I accepted and he lifted me up. I wobbled my way to stand, and I continued to wobble to the waiting room.

Nash, as he promised, as the lady at the desk for a small glass. Instead she gave him a cheap paper cup and directed him to a water dispenser.

"Here," he came back moments later and handed me the room temperature water. I preferred it slightly colder, but it was okay.

"Thank you," I tilted the cup up and took a sip, a very small sip. My stomach felt upset, but I knew it was from nerves. All I could focused on was Amara.

Nash sat in a chair to my right. He let out a giant sigh when doing so. His left hand went through his hair, slightly styling it straighter. He then let his hand rest on his thigh.

I tapped my leg again but soon stopped, I ran out if adrenaline.

Soon the white doors that I ran through opened. The male doctor that told me to run out of the room looked me dead in the eye. He outstretched an arm, pointed his finger at me, and signaled for me to come back with him.

A/N: Hey guys, I just say TFIOS the second time. I still balled my eyes out.

Anywho, a few of you guys have asked for some advice for high school, so here it is:

1. Remember your locker combination.

Although this is one you should need throughout middle school and your high school life, it is very important to remember your locker combo. I forgot mine a lot this year, but thankfully I shared a locker, so I could somewhat rely on my friend.

2. Don't worry about getting shoved in a locker.

I don't know about your high school, but ours is like a giant square and each grade gets their own hall. I didn't have to particularly worry about this, but in all honesty the seniors and juniors don't bug you at all.

3. Let your mind wonder.

High school is the time to express yourself and find out who you truly are. Express yourself and take classes you want to take to express that part of yourself. Do it for you, not for your friends.

4. Choose classes YOU want.

This ties in with three, but satisfy what you want to take. If you want to draw but none of your friends don't, do it anyway.

5. Do the extra credit.

As nerdy as that sounds, you might want to give yourself some back up. High school goes on your permanent record/transcript. Make it count.

6. Try out for things.

If it sounds cool, do it. Wanna join that bird watching club? Do it. No one is stopping you, most of the times you'll find that you'll meet the most fun people in clubs.

7. Do your homework.

I don't know about your high school, but mine has way less homework than middle school. But, that didn't stop me from doing it. Just do the homework.

8. Don't procrastinate.

Procrastinating is the worst habit you can get yourself in to. I did it way to much. Wayyy to much. Do your homework when you get it. Stay away from your phone, or even updates.

So yep, there is my advice! I hope it helps!

Twitter: @paintingmendes

Püma