Raymond Palmer x Reader

Both in your early 20s
On the waverider

⚠️WARNING: None.

Raymond's POV

"Y/N has been hit!" Sara yells over the ruckus of bullets and swords clanking together.

"She's been what?" I repeat, completely shocked, rushing into my suit and out into the field, to get her into the med bay.

"Y/N." I call, searching through the huge piles of bodies, all which are lifeless, while I search for the love of my life.

"I'm here." She just about croaks out, blood oozing out of her mouth, her body completely weak and frail.

"We're gunna get you all the help you need. Just hang in there." I reassure myself more than her, begging her to stay awake as her eyes shut.

When I've reached the waverider, I rush her straight to the med bay.

"Gideon, talk to me." I nervously call out, the entire team stood around the bed, awaiting the hopefully good news.

"I have taken it upon myself to do another scan, just to be safe. The baby is just as it should be Mr Palmer." Gideon informs and I squint my eyes confused.

"Baby?" I ask, watching as the team shrugs, just as clueless.

"Ms Y/L/N and your baby Mr Palmer, which shares both your DNA equally. Conceived when a male and female..."

"That's enough Gideon, we get it." Nate hush's her and she stops.

"Wow." I whisper astounded, holding Y/N's delicate hand in mine, the other rested on her stomach.

"Do you think she knows?" Amaya asks and I shake my head.

"She would never go out on the field if she did. Especially to face someone as dangerous as Darkh." Sara also says and I agree.

"I'm going to be a dad." I smile, the feeling inexplicable, my heart warming and eyes burning with tears, which I don't want to fall but can't help.

"And you're going to be a damn good one!" Jax chirps, Stein also agreeing which means a lot to me. Being supported by the team.

As Y/N starts to stir awake, the team gives us some space.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her first thing, she groans, asking for water and I feed it to her.

"I'm good babe. How long was I out?" She asks, her brows furrowed, in the most cutest way possible.

"Good to know, both my girls are good. And less than an hour." I admit, smirking as I watch her face scrunch up in confusion.

"Your pregnant. Gideon did a test." I smile and watch as she starts to giggle.

"Are you joking?" She asks and I shake my head. Watching as her eyes well up. "I mean, it's unexpected, but I've always wanted a baby. And with you, that's wow." She struggles at a loss of words, both of us smiling and laughing throughout.

"Well, as long as Cisco names the baby, we are all set." We both say at the same time, clutching our stomachs trying not to die of laughter.

"How you two dorks will become parents, God knows." Mick grunts as he summons us to his room. Handing us our first baby gift, a crate of beer. In true Mick fashion.

~xx