Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion

Start from the beginning

“No Hunter,” I rolled my eyes pushing him slightly. He didn’t move one inch and all I felt was smooth solid chest muscle. My mouth slightly opened for like half a second but he caught it and smirked about it.

Hunter was about to make a smart ass remark but abruptly turned his head to the side and stopped walking causing me to run into him. I ran smack into his chest and he balanced me, not even looking at me. He was squinting into the distance.

“Hunter wh—” I began to ask but he silenced me with his finger on my lips. I looked to where he was but didn’t see anything or hear anything. What was he listening for?

Hunter began running, pulling me along and on to the side of a brick building. “What is going on?” I whispered pushing my finger into his chest. We were in same position as we were at school when the teacher came by except Hunter was pressed against me and standing his full height. He looked down and me and just pointed to the entrance of the alley.

A police car that I was sure was my Uncles passed by slowly. They didn’t notice us along the alley wall pressed up against each other. From any bystander it looked like two lovers not being able to contain themselves, but it really was two people hiding from a police officer with a vendetta for the boy.

He lifted up, no longer trapping me between his chest and the wall. All I could do was stare at this boy who I’m coming to know more and more each day. “Who are you?”

“I’m Hunter, someone you thought you knew all about. You don’t, but you’ll figure it out.” He smiled, mystery swirling in his eyes. It made me so much more curious to find out who he was. He was like a flame and I was the moth; a trap to a poor unsuspecting animal.

***

I was in my kitchen watching yet another side of Hunter that I was newly discovering. He was cooking two steaks that smelt delicious. He added spices that I didn’t even know we had in the kitchen and red cooking wine into the steaks and the smell wafted throughout the house.

I watched him from our breakfast nook. I watched as he concentrated on the steaks simmering on stove. His face was content, smooth, and handsome; every now and then he would scrunch his eyebrows in concentration but other than that it was just normal. His long, golden tan arms would reach for a sauce and you could see his veins and muscles move with him. He was truly a sight for sore eyes. I would never tell him that, or give him any idea that I realized how good he looked. because looks could be deceiving.

I didn't know when my parents would be home so this could be dangerous. “Who knew you could cook?”

“I have a lot of charming qualities about me, January. Later I’ll be asking how you like your breakfast.” He winked and turned back towards the stove like he didn’t just say something so sexual.

“I don’t even have a reply for that, because I don’t think ‘no you won’t’ will suffice.” He laughed and it was very melodic, another charming quality to add to the list. Ugh, he was annoying. He turned to look at me but instead looked past me and saw lights flashing in the living room window. “Hunter hide.”

I turned the steaks off and Hunter bound into the nearest closet. I took the skillet off the burner and sat it to the side picking up two plates, one under the other. I slid both steaks onto one plate and stashed two knives and forks in my pocket.

I tried to get out of the kitchen with two drinks but before I could my parents were already making their way to me.

“Wow that smells wonderful December! What did you make?” My mom asked stepping into the kitchen and then looking down on my plate. I looked at her; she was wearing a pair of suit pants and a classy shirt. My dad followed after, him in business suit. “Two steaks? That’s a lot for you, isn’t it?”