17. Rings with promise

Start from the beginning

I think I should take her to balcony. Shouldn't I?

At Balcony :

I have confronted her by now but I regret it already.
Her cute face is fallen and her answer to "what's wrong " have created a sinking feeling in my heart.

I never knew my Nitara was this insecure or broken from inside. You know what she said? She said

"Why are you marrying me samir singh Oberoi? Why are you choosing a Potato when you can get a french fry. Don't you realise your world is full of perfect barbies. And imperfect mess like me have no place in it. I know I have shut the media by saying that 'what happens between us is none of their business '
But how can I shut all these questioning gazes. The moment we have stepped in this ball, everyone's eyes hold same silent question.
I.e. Why did Perfect billionaire choose imperfect wife? Specially when he can get anyone?
And now even I am asking you why? Don't you see all those head to toe beautiful woman? whose even nails are more organised than my life?
Don't you realise that they are much more bold and confident than me? Plus they also know your world and how to behave in that. Some of them are not even dumb. Few women are freaking CEO of some huge multinational company. And yet you choose me? Mess? Why samir why? "

Now tell me what was I suppose to answer to that. She sounded so broken and unsure about it. She thinks she needed answers but honestly she does not. What she needed is hug and security.

So I exactly did that. I hugged her and kept hugging her till she calmed down. I rubbed her back and kissed every tear that left her eye. I can't see my girl like this. I have to do something...

Hence once she calms down, I take her up by chin and make her look into my eyes. Then I say
"Nitara I know you need answer to why. Still I won't answer now. But trust me within few minutes I'll shut every questioning gaze bothering you, forever. World will get their confession today. Don't worry. But till then will you go back to party and enjoy? Will you trust me and held your head high? Because you have done nothing wrong and I trust my choice... "

When I say this , I expected her to deny. But surprisingly she nodds. Like she trust me. And the though that she trusts me made my heart swell with love. I just wanted to kiss her and say "I'll fix this "

But I didn't. I just walked her back to party and called sanaya. Till I plan my surprise, I need someone to handle her. And who is perfect than her bitch?
I am sure sanaya will make her feel like a queen. Because no matter what, your bestfriend will always make you feel like you owe the world...

Nitara's POV :

When sanaya stepped in the party, I thought this is what samir meant by 'trust me'. Because honestly she actually fixed me. I was no more crying. In fact I was now judging bitches with sanya. We were silently gossiping about literally everyone 🙈 And that felt good..specially with food 😍

But still something was missing. Samir was not here. He was absent. And I am ashamed to admit this,
That first time in my life, I was missing someone while eating. Like food was calling me but my heart was engaged becuase it was busy dialing samir..
Cheesy I know 🙈

So I was just consumed in sanaya, food and his thoughts ,when lights went off. And suddenly spot light was on me and samir..
Whole world was in dark except samir.
He was on a stage with a mike and glass.

Before I could react or say how I feel, he started talking...

"Dear beautiful ladies and hot gentleman, I know me and my wife are already sensation for party. But let me steal thunder and attention for few more minutes. Please bear with me guys, just so that I can shout to world why I love my wife so much..

You know my wife thinks she is imperfect mess and I am doing a mistake by loving her. And ironically her reasons for believing this are very funny..
She thinks she is a mess becuase she can't wear eyeliner or maskara on her eyes perfectly. But what she does not know is , only she can wear her heart out on her sleevees. In todays's world, when it's hard to trust anyone, only she can go out, trust people, make friends and spread joy or hugs like this.

She thinks she is an embarassment just because she don't filter her thoughts. What she does not know is when you spend all your day with people who calculate each step they walk and talk only when planned..
It's nice to come home to someone uncensored. It's awesome to hear cursing and insults after hearing fake praises all day. Plus on top of that, it's nice entertainment to watch you get embarassed 😂

Babe you think, you have imperfect size or curves. But you don't realise, yet, you fit perfectly in my arms. And teddy bears are better at cuddling than any barbie.

So what if you can't apply lipstic like an expert. When you smile like a kid or bit your lips nervously, I still want to kiss you like mad.
So what if you don't know how to make eyeliner work in single stroke.
When your eyes twinkle with mischief or glint of challenge, I still can't stop staring at it.
You think you are not fair enough to have natural blush. Or get red in burning sun. But don't worry. my eyes still observe how you avoid looking at me when you are blushing.
I still note your attempt to change topic before you blush More..

You may not have morning look or breath that want me to kiss you. But you have those morning blabbers, pranks and pillow fights to start my morning with high pitch laughter.

You say you are not intelligent enough to be CEO. But you literally talk about shares or your fav tourist places like you are already a travel blogger.
And don't you dare say, you are not bold. You were freaking seating on roof of my ferrari in middle of road.
Photoshooting with sanaya 🤦🏾

How can I not love you yar? I agree you are not showpiece, world would admire. But you are walking entertainment that makes my day ❤

Yes you are defective. But now I want you to be
MY MRS Defective.

Marry me Nitara kashyap "

With this samir was on his knees and I was in tears..

I didn't know what to say. My all worries and insecurities had flied away from my heart and now my heart had only one name, one person
'Samir singh oberoi'

So I ran upto him and kissed him till I realised I am ruining my expensive lipstic in front of 'people'
And we have audience which I forgot about 🙈

Hence whole time in our engagement I didn't know what happened. I didn't dare to look into samir's teasing eyes.

All I know is that day we got engaged. He didn't just made me wear ring but also promised me to always make me happy. He promised me to never let tears touch my cheeks. And idk why I belived..

That's what love is....

Third person PoV :

It looks like happy ending? Doesn't it?
Wait till marriage and end of honeymoon period..
Once honeymoon ends, so does love & promises.

Samir promised to protect her from world but what if he is the one to hurt her? Will he love her imperfections even after marriage?

Let's see. Only time will tell. For now hope that Nitara don't make any mistakes..
Because, Media is watching..

****
Comment, criticise, comment.
Sorry for late. Just periods things.