Chapter 29

This isn't the last chapter guys. The last chapter will be labeled "Final Chapter" so that you'll know it when you see it. Anyways, on to the story!
____________________________________

        Add watched her as she walked towards him. He was more than relieved to see her unharmed. (Y/n) smiled at him as she approached him. "Did you miss me?" she asked teasingly.

        "Yes, I did. Very much so. I had to stop myself from coming to help you twice," he replied without looking at her.

        "Well somebody's acting strange. Since when do you admit things like that?" she said. Add looked at her thoughtfully and almost broke right then and there, but he couldn't let himself be found out now.

        "Come on, let's go," he said as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her along. Add didn't bother to ask about what had happened between (y/n) and Mitsu. They walked in silence for a while when it happened. Add felt the energy drain from him too suddenly. "What's going on? I thought I had more time!" Add thought as he suddenly stopped. It had only been about four days. How could this possibly be happening and why now? Add hadn't told her yet.

        "Add? Are you okay?" (y/n) asked. He had just noticed that he'd tightened his grip around (y/n)'s wrist.

        "I'm okay. I just thought I heard something," Add said. He purposely pushed the matter aside. Add didn't want (y/n) to know because she seemed so happy that everything was over. He didn't want to ruin that.

        "If you say so," (y/n) said, but Add sensed the doubt in her voice. Even so, Add pushed himself to continue. He pulled (y/n) along in hopes that he could at least get them to the next village. Only then would he tell her. Unfortunately, Add didn't get very far before it happened again. This time it felt as if someone was ripping his heart right out of him. This time he let go of (y/n)'s wrist, and he dropped to the ground letting himself cry out in pain.

        "Add! What the hell just happened?!" (y/n) said, dropping to his side just as quickly. Add was about to respond but couldn't. His body suddenly went into a state of shock, causing the pain in his heart to worsen.

      "Relieve!" (y/n) said quickly. The pain ceased for a moment, but Add knew it would come back soon. It always did even when (y/n) used her command words. Rather than worrying about that though, he focused on telling (y/n) what was wrong with him. He had no other choice now. "Add, you've been away from the library for too long haven't you?" (y/n) whispered with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

        She was right but wrong at the same time. Even so, Add was glad that she understood what was going on. It would be easier for him this way. "I don't know why, but the process sped up. I'm going to die at this rate," Add said. He didn't try to stand. Instead he rolled over onto his back and looked up at the sky. "I used to think that it wasn't so bad to die...but now I have someone to live for, so I don't want to die right now," Add said.

        "I'm not going to let you die!" (y/n) snapped. She was distraught, something Add didn't want her to feel.

        "There's nothing you can do. You've tried curing me from this curse before, and it never works," Add reminded her.

        "No! I have to do something! Anything! I don't want you to leave me! Please, Add, don't leave me..." (y/n) said. She lay next to him and buried her face into his chest, crying. Add wouldn't try comforting her. Nothing that he said could make her happy now.

        "I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier that I wasn't going to make it back to the library," he said. Only after saying this, the pain in his heart returned, and he managed to keep in his cries. Instead, he held (y/n) closer to him, afraid that he would leave too soon. He never realized just how much he cherished her until he lost her, and now he was about to lose her again so soon.

      "Relieve," (y/n) muttered. Add's pain went away that instant. "I can still save you...I know I can," (y/n) said through her sobbing.

        "No, you can't. And I can't allow you to stay here and watch me die like this. Leave me here. Find somewhere safe to go and let Mitsu take care of you," Add said as he managed to sit himself up. (Y/n) still clung tightly to him, and refused to let him go.

      "I won't go anywhere unless you're coming too," (y/n) whispered. She nuzzled against him showing him affection he had unknowingly longed for even before then.

        "You need to leave. I don't want you to see me get worse. Go away, now," Add said, trying to pull her off of him.

        "Cure," she whispered. The symbol appeared above Add but shattered due to the library's enchantment, but that didn't stop (y/n) at all. She repeated the word over and over only for it to repetitively fail.

        "(Y/n) stop this. It's getting you nowhere," Add said, but she didn't stop. This time she repeated the command word "heal" but that didn't work either. "(Y/n) stop! You have to go!" Add yelled. This caused her to stop, but when she looked at him, she was glaring, and it caused Add to flinch. He'd never seen her look so angry in her entire life. Not even when she faced Mari had she ever loooked so terrifyingly angry.

        "Give me one damn reason! Why the hell should I abandon the only person that's ever cared for me my entire life?! Just one reason Add because if you can't find one, I'm staying right here!" (y/n) yelled at him. She was holding his shirt collar as she glared at him. Add was at a loss for words. He could tell her that he didn't want her to see him die all he wanted to, but that wouldn't change a thing. She would stay right where she was, and he knew it.

         "Just as I thought. You have no good reason," (y/n) said as she closed her eyes to let her tears fall and hugged him. Add suddenly felt his pain return but far worse this time. He could hold back his cry once again. In response, (y/n) let him go, thinking she had harmed him by hugging him, and restated the command word "relieve" again.

        "I do have a good reason..." Add muttered. "But I have too much pride to tell you," he thought. (Y/n) only hugged him again, breaking into a worse fit of sobbing.

      "You didn't have to come all the way here to save me. You could have continued living and researching the nasod race. I know how much that means to you. Me...I'm not worth giving up your life for. I only live because I have to help you, so if you leave, there's nowhere else for me to go. I'd have no purpose. You have a purpose! Why did you do this?!" (y/n) said into his shirt. The pain suddenly came back even worse this time.

        Add immediately pushed (y/n) off of him and backed away from her. He held a hand over hus heart. He felt the sudden urge to throw up, and he did, but it wasn't what he expected. There was just blood and lots of it. The pain was unbearable and Add finally started to cry because of it. (Y/n) could only stare at him in shock with her hands covering her mouth to keep her from screaming.

        "Please...don't watch...me die like this....leave me here," Add managed to say as he now lay on his side next to a pool of his own blood. He was barely able to breathe. It wasn't nearly this awful the first time he almost died way back when.

        "I won't leave you...I can't," (y/n) said. She was still crying as she crawled over to him.

        "No! Stay back....stay away from me...please," he said. As if on cue, he threw up more blood, leaving himself in more agony. This didn't keep (y/n) from coming to him. She crawled right through his pool of blood and sat next to him, holding his face in her hands.

        "Don't go," she whispered as she leaned her forehead to his. Add felt his energy fading again at too fast of a rate. He was dead before he could even say the three words that he so badly wanted to say. The last thing he heard was (y/n) desperately calling out his name, and upon realizing that he was gone, a cry of extreme grief rang through his ears as his consciousness faded away.
____________________________________

I have no regrets...none at all. I just hope you guys can forgive me for that. If you don't know what I'm talking about then don't worry bout it. Anyways, till next time folks!