Chapter 1

I usually only put author notes at the beginning and end of every chapter. Just thought I'd let you all know. Also, some of my works contain pictures at the beginning, but I can't do that for this one. I will still include pictures later maybe but not like in my other works. Sorry bout that folks.
____________________________________

        Why was this happening to her? So what, she was the entity of balance. That was no reason to try capturing her and experimenting on her. That was no reason to enslave her and beat her even when she did things perfectly. That was no reason to starve her every now and then to see how long she could survive without food or water.

        Yeah, she was the entity of balance. That thing that some called Yin and Yang. That's for sure, but even so, she was still mostly human. At least that's how she saw it.

        She was born to human parents who raised her as a human child. It wasn't until she wandered into a forbidden temple that she became what she was. She was taken away from her family but it seemed more like they were taken away from her because they were dead now. The only thing that kept her up to date on her age was her obligation to do so.

        She was the entity of balance after all which meant that there were certain things that she had no other choice but do like how she could choose to be good or evil but even good people have a dark side. She wanted to leave the place that held her captive. She wished she knew how to control her power.

         It was such a peculiar thing really. She was able to do all kinds of things with her power but she was unaware of exactly how to use the power itself. It was something she had tried figuring out over the years.

        How many years has it been? She was only four when they took her. Yes, she most definitely remembered. She was now seven and she was still suffering the same fate as she had been since she was four. She was still trapped in her nearly endless thoughts when she heard more than felt the whip slash across her back. She was so used to it that she hardly ever felt the pain anymore.

        "Didn't you hear me! I said get out of the cell!" a researcher said. It was he who had whipped her. Her back faced him and even with him threatening her, she ignored him.

       Today was the day she'd had enough. Her parents had raised her to be a good and obedient child which is what kept her there so long. She was determined to win them over with hard work and obedience since she was raised that way but that hadn't worked for the past three years. She now knew that she had to use force, but not the kind of forced she used that last six or seven times she tried to escape. She was only trying to hurt them only a little then. This time she was out for blood.

        One white and one black. The wings sprouted from her back in a quick flash of silver light. They had silver edges at the very ends of them. They were not feathery wings but more like wings made of energy that just took the shape of feathers. They radiated a strange aura but she soon forgot about the wings when her opportunity of freedom came.

        The researcher had been startled by the sudden appearance of her wings, so she used this as an opportunity to attack. She didn't know how to fight but the attack that she performed was almost instinctive. The hit landed and the researcher fell to the ground dead.

        A nearby researcher saw what happened and set the alarms off. The alarms where hurting her ears, and the red and yellow lights were giving her a headache. Even so, she ran and became hopelessly lost in the huge facility yet somehow she found her way through its many halls and testing rooms. She passed several cells containing others but had she stopped to free any of them, she wouldn't have made it out of that nightmare.

        She attacked anyone who got too close and dodged anyone who shot at her. It took her a while but she eventually made it out of the place that had held her captive for so long.

        She kept running past buildings, farms, and even past whatever boundary that had been there. She ran past the occasional monster that tried to attack her for just being there and ran until she couldn't run anymore. She slowed to a walk which became crawling which then led to her collapse. Her world went black and she thought she had died. It wouldn't have been too bad to her to do die anyway. The wings on her back disappeared as if they were never there.

        There was a sound of footsteps but when she tried opening her eyes, she found that she couldn't. She felt something nudge her once the sounds had stopped but she didn't dare move. Something was placed in front of her and it smelled good. It must have been a trick, or was she just smelling things if that was at all possible.

        "Get up," she heard someone say. Then she was nudged again. She didn't know if this person was friend or foe. "Hey, I said get up," the voice somewhat pleaded. This was how she knew that the voice didn't belong to one of her enemies.

        She slowly opened her eyes. There in front of her sat some bread. It looked pretty fresh and she grew wide eyed at the sight of it. Then she looked to the side of her and saw a boy that seemed about her age sitting near her. She didn't speak nor did she have the energy to move.

        "So you're alive," the boy said with his head tilted to one side as he watched her. She remained still. The boy didn't seem to be a threat to her but even if he was, she still couldn't move. The boy studied her with his purple eyes. Those eyes of his made her want to cringe under his gaze, but again she had not the energy left for any type of movement other than lifting her eyelids to look at him. The boy stood up and began to walk away leaving the bread in front of her. She didn't care that he left, but she did want to know why he'd given to a complete stranger.

        It was a while before she gained her strength and will to move. The purple eyed boy had long since left, and the bread remained in the same spot with a little less freshness. She picked it up and dusted it off before nibbling at it. She didn't want to eat too much of it, and she didn't want to eat to fast either. Sitting on her knees, she nibbled away at her treat when she began to study her surroundings.

        She was in a peculiar grassy field somewhere near a forest. In fact, the forest was only a few feet within reach. To her left, on the opposite side of the forest were hills and in the very distance she could see the outskirts of a village or town. The sun was nearly gone, signifying that night would arive soon. She was not going that way.

        Instead, she would go into the forest. It seemed safer than the village that she wasn't even sure was the same as the one she'd just left. She stuck the bread in her mouth and crawled over into the shrubby forest. Once she'd crawled deep enough into the forest, she settled under a large bush and set the remnants of her treat next to her. She curled herself in as close as possible and went to sleep. She didn't know what she would do with her life from there on out, but at least she knew that she would never allow herself to suffer like that ever again.
____________________________________

I hope I did this chapter to your satisfaction. I've only written pokemon fanfics so this is kind of new to me. Please leave a comment if you have any questions or concerns. Til next time!