Chapter 2

I usually put just about anything in the beginning author's note much like this but sometimes I put important notices here or at the end. Anyways, hope you enjoy this chapter.
____________________________________

        She was asleep now but even so, he did not leave her. He had been sitting on the branch of a nearby tree watching her only to make sure she stayed out of harm. His reason being that the strange girl reminded him of himself when he had been escaping from his own former captors. She must have been running from some sort of awful organization.

        He could tell because of the tattered beige gown that she wore which had been ripped, especially in the back, due to her being whipped. He knew about those rips because he'd been in the same situation at one point. There was a sudden noise from down below. Bounty hunters. They must have been after the girl but if she was just some escaped slave, how could she possibility be worth hiring bounty hunters.

        "There she is," the taller one whispered to his accomplice. He didn't seem to notice Add in the area which was a mistake on his part.

        "You sure that's it. They said it had abilities to watch out for," the other whispered back. This caught the boy's attention. He intended not to interven unless he had no other choice, but now he would just sit back and watch to see what this girl could actually do now that he knew she could defend herself in a way.

         The hunters got within at least five feet of the girl before one of them made a seemingly fatal mistake. He'd accidentally stepped on and snapped a random earthbound twig, and the girl jolted awake from the noise since it was so close to her. She spotted the two of them as soon as they were preparing to attack. The taller one with rope and the one who had been careless weilding a hunters blade. The girl had slowly positioned herself in a crouching position ready to pounce when the need came.

        "We need her alive if we are to get the full reward so don't injure her too badly," the taller man said. The other just nodded as he inched closer to the girl.

        She began to growl as she glared at the two of them. Yes, the girl growled like a wild dog would when being threatened which suprised the hunters a little. Then she made her move. Wings, one white and one black, flashed into existence on her back and this sudden movement startled the hunters as well.

        The girl took this opportunity to launch her self at the man with the weapon. She succeded in knocking it from his hand in the little time she had, but the guy was quick and he punched her in her side which sent her falling to the ground. The taller man with the ropes went for her arms, but she rolled out of the way. As she did this, feather shaped spikes from her wings flew out at the two men.

        One nearly hitting the taller man and two successfully making contact with the other man's arm and hand. He let out a short yelp and muttered some curses at the girl, but she seemed just as suprised by the attack as they were. She looked at the glowing wings of energy on her back and then back at her attackers. The taller man put down the ropes, and pulled out a hunting knife.

        The feather shaped spikes had disappeared from the other man's arm and hand like dust, so he now stood with his original weapon facing her.

        Her eyes widened in fear and the boy, who was still intently watching her every move, knew that she wouldn't be able to hold her ground for much longer. She obviously had no real experience in fighting.

        "I can care less about the extra money. Just kill the brat!" the wounded one said. The taller one already had the intention to do just that because he had already aimed and launched for the girl's heart with his knife. The girl had no time to dodge the attack, and the boy would have jumped down to save her if she hadn't quickly and instinctively folded her wings in front of her making a makeshift sheild out of them.

        The black wing crossing over the white one. The places where the two overlapped turned silver. The hunter's knife went through the wings and disintegrated into ashes. The part that was still intact was in the man's hand. The girl unfolded her wings back to their usual position and watched the two men's next moves.

        They were going to attack her at the same time. The girl didn't know this, but the boy, who had been watching all the while, saw this coming and knew that she wouldn't be able to fend off their attacks without getting hurt or worse.

        He wanted to know all about this girl's abilities now that he had seen only a glimpse of them, but it would be harder for him to do if she were to get injured. He decided that the best way to stop that was to step in and put and end to it himself, and that was just what he did. He jumped down from the tree and landed behind the two hunters. They had no time to react to his sudden appearance.

        The shorter one, he kicked causing the back of his leg where the joint was, causing his left knee to buckle under him. The boy then took this opportunity to take out the other knee and swiftly kick the man's neck in a successful attempt to knock him out. He leaned slightly to the side just in time to avoid the second man's attack. He looked at the bounty hunter with a bored expression.

        When the hunter went in for a second attack, the boy did the same, but this time he kicked the man in the gut as he went by him. When he'd fallen to the ground, the boy waited until he was the perfect distance from the ground as he started to rise before knocking him out as well.

        The whole time, the girl had been watching in awe at the boy's quick accurate attacks. He looked over at her mesmerizing wings and tilted his head slightly before gesturing to the girl to follow him and walking off.

        He doubted that he'd get the chance to do proper research on her if she was constantly being hunted and nearly killed. She had value which made him want to know more about what made her do what she did and how she was able to do those things.

        He eventually heard the sounds of her footsteps following behind him. He didn't say anything to her and she said nothing to him. He liked it this way and their trip remained a silent one as they both walked through the lush forest. The boy found himself wishing that he didn't have to walk at all though because his clothes were getting ruined from the occasional thorn bushes.
____________________________________

I know it seems a little boring now, but hang in there and I will do everything in my power to make it better. If you like the story so far though, can you let me know? You don't have to if you don't want to. Til next time!