Chapter 28

I hope I haven't kept you waiting for too long. I don't know if you've noticed or not but I suck at fight scenes so...
____________________________________

         Mitsu's knives shot from her hand at uncanny speeds. (Y/n) didn't dodge them though. She feared that one might hit Add, so she blocked them all after switching weapons as soon as Mitsu had moved. The cat had launched herself at (y/n) while she was blocking the flying knives, but her attempt to land an attack failed. (Y/n) had unsummoned her weapon at the last minute and easily sidestepped Mitsu.

        Mitsu's knives always returned back to her hands so she was ready to counter any of (y/n)'s attack. Mitsu didn't give (y/n) the opportunity to resummon her weapon. She kept slashing at her, aiming for her throat or even wrists. (Y/n) could only dodge the many attacks that Mitsu launched. She started noticing that Mitsu's fighting was becoming reckless. The cat kept leaving herself open to attacks, but (y/n) didn't want to hurt Mitsu.

        Despite that, she kicked the cat woman in the stomach when she attacked again. Mitsu stumbled back, allowing for (y/n) to summon her spear. "Mitsu! It isn't too late to stop this. I am not going to allow you to hurt anyone, including yourself!" (y/n) said as she held the double sided spear in front of her.

        "I am going to avenge her! I will kill you for Mari! I have to!" Mitsu roared. Her usually pure white eyes changed to a deep gray. It was then that (y/n) realized what was going on. Mari's memories were corrupting Mitsu's entire being, not just her mind.

        "Mitsu, can't you see that what you're doing isn't right?! Can't you sense the change occurring within you?" (y/n) said as the two of them blocked each other's weapons. (Y/n) flew up into the sky to keep her from having to use all of her energy on blocking alone. Mitsu couldn't directly reach her there. Or so she thought.

        Mitsu surrounded herself in shadows and began to fling parts of these shadows at (y/n). The cat's crazed, desperate look was focused on (y/n). "Stop running, coward! Face your death!" Mitsu spat. (Y/n) hated to admit it, but Mitsu was too far gone to save. That didn't mean that (y/n) would give up on her.

        "Do you remember that time when I was nine, and you told me a story about my village to make me feel better. I'd made Add mad that day and he yelled at me, but you told me that he didn't mean anything that he said. It was the day you first used your cat form," (y/n) said as she landed and walked closer to Mitsu. Mitsu froze for a moment, but snapped quickly from her daze. (Y/n) had to dodge several knives but she continued.

        "There was that time when I was eleven and I had finally beaten Add in a sparring match. I couldn't have done it without your help though. Add didn't know that I'd kind of cheated so we were laughing the whole time. Add thought I'd gone crazy," (y/n) said. She was now a few feet away from the Mitsu. Mitsu now just stood there with her knives pointed towards (y/n)'s face. Her eyes were watery, yet not one tear fell.

        "I do remember those things....but I also remember things that I'd done with my sister too. Before I became obsessed with gaining more power, me and Mari used to prank the people in your village. But that was long before you were born. I cherish my sister's memories more than I cherish yours. I have to kill you for Mari," Mitsu said, a scowl struggling to make an appearance on her face.

        "You stupid cat! Can't you see that I don't want to lose you! You know that you and Add are the only people that I know and trust!" (y/n) shouted.

        "I'm not human!" Mitsu shouted back.

        "Does that even matter?!" (y/n) yelled. Mitsu jumped forward, intending to stab (y/n), but (y/n) saw the attack coming. She caught Mitsu's wrist and slapped her across the face. The sound of the slap rang throughout the vacant area.

        (Y/n) let go of Mitsu's wrist and pushed her away. Mitsu only stood there looking shocked. "Did you just slap me? I'm trying to murder you with knives and you slapped me?! What's wrong with you, nya?!" Mitsu said as she dropped her knives and pointed at (y/n) accusingly. (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at the Mitsu's actions. Her eyes were no longer gray anymore either. "This isn't funny! I'm being serious, nya! Stop. Stop...I said stop! Nya!!" Mitsu said as (y/n) only continued to laugh at her. Once she'd stopped her laughter, (y/n) looked at Mitsu and smiled.

        "See, you've already gotten back to normal," she said happily. Mitsu only looked at her blankly. "Come on. Let's go back to where Add is now that we've got this resolved." (Y/n) held a hand out for Mitsu to take. 

        "I just tried to kill you and you still want me to go with you?!" Mitsu shouted.

        "Well duh. You're a part of my consciousness remember. Where the hell else would you go?" (y/n) said. Mitsu stared at her for a moment with the same blank expression. (Y/n) thought she was about to snap back into kill mode, but instead, Mitsu tackled her into a hug and started bawling on her shoulder. (Y/n) patted Mitsu's back although the hug was quite uncomfortable.

        "Okay let go now," (y/n) said after a good minute had passed. Mitsu let go and turned into her cat form, likely to keep her from showing her tears. "Well now that that's over with, do you mind going back into my consciousness. You were kind of using my energy the entire time that you were acting up so I'm tired now." Mitsu didn't protest and promptly disappeared with a small poof of gray smoke.

        (Y/n) found it odd that the smoke wasn't black, but she said nothing of the matter. She turned towards where she thought Add probably was. "Alrighty, let's get Add and go home," she said finally releasing her silver features and wings. She could see Add from a distance as he watched her walk towards him.
____________________________________

I think I know just what to do now. That's right! Write the next chapter because I have no other choice. Until very soon my awesome readers!