Chapter 10

Another day, another chapter! Let's see what happens now. Anyways, here's another update for you guys!
____________________________________

        Add wasn't worried about whether or not she would make it back. She could handle herself very well now. Over the years, she'd made great progress, but she still didn't register danger very well.

        The only problem now was that she wasn't back yet. It had been five days and (y/n) had made the trip to this particular area in three days time every single time she went. Something was most definitely wrong.

        Add was sure of this because he'd tried to connect to the drones that followed her around yet got no response. The earpiece that she wore didn't respond either and this just made Add wonder whether or not she'd come back. He knew for sure that (y/n) was quite attached to him. If he asked her to do something for him, she'd do it willingly. Even if he didn't ask, she often did things for him.

          He didn't seem to understand why when all he was doing was researching her without her knowledge. The recent battle that she was in was just another of his successful attempts to analyze her fighting style while getting nasod research done at the same time. If she didn't show up, then he wouldn't be able to figure out how she made her weapons appear and reappear, for that was the next thing he wanted to figure out.

        For now, Add decided to be patient. He sat in a chair in front of the radar in his lab. Resting his head on his arms, Add resisted the urge to sleep as he waited. It was well into the night, yet (y/n) still hadn't shown up. There were no red dots on the radar for a while, but Add continued to stare at the screen patiently. He eventually found himself drifting off into a much needed rest.

        He didn't know how much time had passed when he heard the noise but his urge to sleep forced him to ignore the crashing sound he heard behind him. He heard soft laughter and then someone said, "Well I guess you did wait for me to show up." A hand brushed across his face, swiping his hair from his eyes. When he did open his eyes, he saw (y/n) looking back at him. He didn't move. Instead he just looked at her and frowned a little.

        "What took you so long to get here?" he asked. She shook her head at him to dismiss his question.

        "Nothing. I ran into a small problem, and then I came straight here." Add believed her but something wasn't quite right. His eyes widened in realization.

        "What did you do?!" he said as he sat up and figured out just what was going on. (Y/n) was sitting on her knees on the ground next to his chair clutching her side. Add quickly went to pick her up, but she stopped him.

        "Hey, don't worry. I'm fine Add. It's just a cut. It's not even bleeding anymore," (y/n) said weakly.

        "Damn you, (y/n). I send you on a simple mission and you nearly get yourself killed," he nearly yelled at her. (Y/n) held her head down and quietly said, "I'm sorry," while allowing Add to pick her up and take her to his room. Add kept her close as he walked careful not to cause her any more harm.

        They'd long since decided that his room would be where they kept all of the medical supplies in case they were ever needed. He took the quickest route there doing his best to ignore the way his heart frantically beat in alarm as (y/n) rested against him.

        "I can heal on my own, Add. Just let me rest here," (y/n) said as they neared the room. Add knew she could indeed heal rather quickly, but he didn't want to risk her dying. For whatever reason, it had something to do with a little more than just researching her. He'd gotten used to having her around, but he never could understand why he was so attached to her. Add lay (y/n) onto the bed and retrieved a somewhat advanced first aid kit. He cursed once he got a good luck at the wound.

        "How did you get back here in this condition?" he asked more to himself than he did to (y/n). She didn't answer and he noticed her eyes were closed. His nerves were already bad enough, and it startled him even more when he noticed her not moving.

        "(Y/n)! Wake up," Add said with more alarm in his voice than he intended. She opened her eyes and stared at him as he went to her side with the medical supplies.

        "What are you smiling about?" he asked as he cleaned her wound. He found it awfully strange that she would smile at a time like this.

        "Nothing. This just reminds me of that one time I saved your life," she said. Add glared at her remembering that day well. He'd spent the rest of that day with her after she'd forced him to teach her to read.

        "I told you to forget about that." Add didn't necessarily like that memory. It was one of his few times of weakness. The two of them stayed silent for the remainder of the time but (y/n) seemed distant. There was something wrong and Add knew it. Once (y/n) had been patched up, Add asked her what had happened but she didn't want to tell him.

       "You should get some rest. You need it," she said trying to change the subject and strike a conversation again.

        "Not until you tell me what happened out there," he stubbornly said as he sat on his dynamos.

        "I'm not going to tell you. You'll only be put under more undue stress. I'm tired of seeing you deprive yourself of sleep, and you never take breaks from researching or working on your inventions," (y/n) said as she sat up. She was already healed up it seemed. Perhaps Add's attempt to patch her up was redundant along with his overreaction.

        "Why do you care so much. It's not like it has any affect on you," he said as he glared at her. She wasn't wrong, but she also wasn't right by his standards.

        "It does have an affect on me. There's so much that I owe you for and I can't let those dues go unpaid. Helping you get sleep is like me repaying you for saving and teaching me countless times," (y/n) said. She didn't look at him as she spoke which irritated Add a little.

        "Whatever. Just get some sleep. You're going on a different mission tomorrow and this time, I'm going with you," Add said. He saw her look of concern but left before she could say anything else to him.

        He'd let her sleep in his bed so he wouldn't have to, and he didn't want her asking why because he didn't really know. Maybe it was because she'd made a mistake and got hurt. They would only be going out by a day's journey, but Add felt as though she'd need his help. Something wasn't right about what was going on.

        He hadn't gotten very far when he heard someone shout "barrier" and "no stay away" and instantly knew he'd have to call off tomorrow's trip.

        Add was back in the room with (y/n) in an instant. She had her back pressed to the wall and her gaze went past him as tears ran down her face. He'd never seen he look so terrified in her life, but what really surprised him was the cat that clawed at the barrier that she'd made. He knew for sure that it wasn't the cat that spooked her, but whatever it was must have been bad because (y/n) didn't register danger. If she was afraid of something, it was never a good sign.
____________________________________

And now we'll get to know a little more about what's going on with (y/n) in the next chapter. Hope you guys liked this one. Until next time my cool readers!