Chapter 13|One New Message

It took me forever to fall sleep that night. I couldn't stop thinking about the note. I couldn't stop thinking about Aaron... *ahem* so ofcorse I invited him over today. We're just kinda chilling on my bed.

Aaron is sitting on my bed with his back against the wall, and I'm sitting on... him. I just now realized this. Listen, I got comfy and didn't think twice. I'm sitting with my back against his chest, my head resting on his shoulder. He has his arms wrapped around me. His eyes are closed and he's just resting.

I snuggle closer to him, and he tightens his grip on me in response. I giggle, and he smiles. I turn my head a little to where I'm almost kissing his cheek. As soon as I close my eyes, my phone buzzes. Aaron and I both laugh.

"How many times is this going to happen?" I say. Aaron laughs again. I kiss his cheek, and look at my phone. My home screen states "One new message". I open the tab, which brings me to an unknown number.

Aphmau-Aph unknown number-?

? - Hey baby

I stare at the message, trying to figure out what's going on. I laugh a litte.

Aph - Sorry I think you have the wrong number

? - No, I'm talking to Aphmau. Are you alone? 😘

I look back at Aaron. I tap his shoulder, and he lifts his head up.

"Aaron... " I say as I point to the messages on my phone. He looks at my phone, and sits up a little when he reads them.

"Do you recognize that number?" He asks. I shake my head.

"What should I respond with?" I ask. Aaron thinks for a second.

"Tell him you're alone," He suggests. I nod my head, and type in yes. It seems like as soon as I hit send, my phone buzzes as another message pops up.

? - Good. I was afraid you were with Aaron since you two were very close during the Christmas party

Once I receive this message, I freeze. They were at the Christmas party? I look back at Aaron, and he looks at me. His grip tightens around me a little. My phone buzzes again.

? - You looked so hot in that dress. I almost couldn't contain myself ❤

Now this is starting to scare me. I can feel Aaron tensing up. I look back down at my phone.

Aph - Um who is this?

? - Doesn't matter baby. So are you and Aaron together? If not, I'd like to get in on some of that action 😘

I look back at Aaron for an answer. He shakes his head. He wants me to lie.

Aph - No.

Then the unknown number sends me a message that makes me highly uncomfortable. Talk about rated R.

I bring my phone to my chest, unable to look at the message any longer. I turn off my phone, and lean back against Aaron. I cup my face with my hands.

"What am I supposed to do, Aaron," I say, "They were at the Christmas party, so they are one of my friends. They know where I live. From that last message, I can tell they wouldn't mind breaking into my house and doing who knows what to me," I continue. I feel my eyes start to water. Aaron lays his head on my shoulder.

"Aph, I'll be here to protect you. With me here, they won't lay a finger on you," He says. I take in a deep breath, trying to keep myself from crying.

"I know, but I'm still scared," my voice cracks, and I give up on fighting the tears. "I know I can't be with you every second of the day. And this creep was at the Christmas party, which means they live in this neighborhood."