Chapter 9|Aphmau's New Problem

I wake up not in Aaron's bed (that's new), not my bed, but the couch. Wait what? What the fluff?

I look around, and it's not quite morning yet. It's still dark outside.

I start to notice something wrapped around me. It's too dark to really see anything. My eyes start to adjust to the darkness, and I see some kind of object over my hand. Then I see that it is connected to the thing that is wrapped around me.

The more and more I focus on it, the more and more I feel it's warmth and skin-like touch. Wait...warm...skin...warmth behind me...

That's when I realize that it's a hand and an arm which could only mean one thing. I look over my shoulder to see Aaron sleeping soundly. YES HEHEHEHHE! It's his strong arm around me, his hand over mine, and his warmth making me feel...well warm.

But just as I feel safe knowing I'm in my boyfriend's arms, I feel something else touch my exposed arm. It's cold and dark. It's human, but it's much worse at the same time. It's a hand. It's something watching me, ready to strike.

"Aaron..." I whisper. He stays asleep. "Aaron." I say a little louder. No response. I try not to move as the cold fingertips move down my arm. I feel tears filling my eyes. This can't be real.

"Aaron." I'm trying not to entice whatever is watching me. Maybe I shouldn't wake Aaron up. It might make this situation worse. What if I startle it? Maybe it'll go away.

"GO AWAY! GO AWAY NEVER COME BACK!" I scream as I flip back around to face it. But when I do, all that courage fades away into fear.

I can't even call it a thing. It's not living, but it's not dead. It's shapeless, but it still has an edge that I can see. It's not entirely human. It's not solid, it's a shadow.

I stare into its radiating white eyes. Its nasty smile. Then it's eyes shift to look into mine. It's alive. It's alive and it sees me.

"What...are you...who are you..." I ask it. It doesn't answer. Instead, it twitches. It's head tilts sideways and it's outline, eyes, and smile turn into a shade of red. This happens like a flickering light. White eyes. Red eyes. White eyes. Red eyes. Straight neck. Bent neck. Straight neck.

I lean back away from it as much as I can. Its eyes just follow me. I start crying, unable to look away. As soon as I start crying, it's jaw starts to unhinge. Very unnaturally. It's eyes and smile go red again. At this point, I'm screaming for help. Aaron still won't wake up.

"Aphmau..." I hear someone in the distance call my name. The shadow doesn't stop. "Aphmau!" The voice gets a little louder. I start to feel warmth on my arm, although it is like it's in another dimension. It's there, but not physically. As this happens, the shadow starts to emit a terrible sound like a static tv, or an error on full blast.

It's unhinged jaws chomp down right on my face, and I open my eyes to see daylight.

I'm still screaming and crying. I manage to see light through my teary, blurry eyes. I'm in my house, and it's morning.

"Aphmau!" I hear Aaron's voice clearly. I look over to see his face with his eyes full of concern. I cover my face with my shaky hands, and cry to get all of the tears out. It comforts me when I realize that Aaron really was holding me. His arm is around me. But now instead of sleeping soundly, he's awake and confused and worried.

Aaron grabs my wrists, and lightly pulls my hands off of my face. He looks me in the eyes.

"What's wrong? What happened why are you crying?" He asks. I look back at him.

"It was there...something was watching me...it killed me it was there it was touching my arm I saw it!" I say as I continue to cry.

"Okay I need you to calm down. You had a bad dream. There's nothing to be afraid of." Aaron tells me. "What did you see?" He asks.