Chapter 5 - I'll Forever Be Thankful

Dear Internet Diary,

      I know. I know. I keep telling myself as I stand outside trying to calm myself down. The pressure of the past has a way of getting under my skin and creating these massive waves of emotion that come crashing down on me. Every time a wave crashes, I'm reminded of the past I wish I never lived. The cruel days of my life. The days that shaped me into who I am. The days that tested my strength beyond my limits. The days that haunt me every day. 

      I feel a jacket being placed over my shoulders, and look up after a few more lengthy breaths. I didn't realize how cold the air had gotten outside until I'm brought back to reality. I see Tania is next to me, while Lucas and nameless guy are a bit few paces away. At the sight of their worried expressions, I hug Tania, and say, "Take me to our dorm, please. I want to be alone. I need to be far from here."

      Tania makes no move to ask me any questions during our ride home, and I cherish this moment. I feel bad for ruining her night, but there was no way I would have survived if we'd stayed. I remember her guiding me to the passenger seat of her car, before going over to the guys. They talk for a bit before Tania returns to the car and starts driving. The ride home is silent, except for the soft music playing on the stereo. The last thing I remember as I drift off into sleep is seeing the outskirts of a town. 

Sincerely,

      Melody N. Ravenna

P.S. It wasn't Tania's jacket I was wearing. She never brought one with her... and neither did I. ;)

Please vote.