Chapter 24 - What's Next?

Dear Internet Diary,

         The sun's rays shine on my face, as I start to wake from my slumber. I block the rays with my hand, and blink my eyes several times. I look around me and notice I'm no longer in my own bedroom. I start to panic but then recall I'm in Jace's house due to last night's events. I look at my surroundings and notice minimal amounts of decor in the room. I unwrap the duvet that's been placed on my body and notice I'm still in my pyjama's from last night. I see a bench in front of the bend with some clothes on it, and some toiletries. I pick them up and look at the two doors in the room. 

        I head towards the door opposite of the bed, and open it

        I head towards the door opposite of the bed, and open it. I turn on the light and see it's a bathroom. I look at the sink and see a towel with some toothpaste on top of it. I close the door, turn on the shower, and begin removing my clothing. It's not until after I shower that I start putting on the new shirt that I catch a glimpse of my marks in the mirror. They're fading, but slowly. I look at them for a while before putting the shirt on. I have baggy grey joggers and a cropped maroon shirt. I put my hair in a bun, and brush my teeth.

       I grab my belongings, and exit the bathroom

       I grab my belongings, and exit the bathroom. I look around the bedroom and see no other place besides the bench to set my clothing on. I place my pyjama's there, and then leave the room. I walk down the stairs, and hear light chatter coming from the kitchen. As I get closer, I notice the voices come from Tania and Lucas. "Do you think he'll tell her?" Tania asked in a hushed tone. 

"Honestly. I don't know." Lucas responds, and I stop in my tracks.

I hide behind a wall, and continue to listen to their conversation. "You know he doesn't like talking about his past.

"I know that, but Melody doesn't," Tania says defensively. 

"Still. We have to be careful. He'll tell her when he trusts her. When he's ready. You aren't even supposed to know about that night, but I told you since I know that wouldn't breathe a word about it to anyone. Not even if we ended up hating each other."

"I bet having to fire those bullets last night couldn't have been easy for him. Especially not after being shot 2 days ago."

       Feeling extremely curious about the words I'm hearing, I decided to make my way into the kitchen. "Morning!" I say and their faces quickly pull a bluff. "What are you guys talking about?" I ask neutrally, and open the fridge for a bottle of water. Lucas steps forward and says while I take a sip, "Morning Melody! Lunch is coming soon." He adds "We're talking about how Jace will probably be out for the rest of the semester." Tania casually plays along and adds, "He's going to hate that. You know how much he loves playing.