"Want an egg sandwich? I make the best," I toothy grin.

She nodded her head. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

I snorted, "Huh." The Pandora bracelet matched her skin tone, and the charms made her porcelain skin glare; the dangling key that hung from the bracelet jiggled as she walked.

I cracked three eggs into the hot pan while Adalynne put four pieces of bread in the toaster like she told me she would do. As I stirred the eggs, I couldn't help but stare at her long, blonde, nearly brown hair hang to her waist. The way that the ends of her hair stop just at the curve of her bum, and when her long, wavy wet hair flips naturally as she looks at me, I couldn't halt myself from telling myself that she's beautiful. Whoever would've known that I had fallen for my best friend's little sister.

"What are you thinking about?" Adalynne queried. She snapped me out of my daze, my eyes trailing to hers.

I lilted. "Nothing, just daydreaming," I answered, lying.

She huffed and balled her hand into a fist and placed her fist on her hip. She leaned on the counter as she waited for the bread to toast. Just like waiting on the toast, she waited on my truthful answers.

"It's weird, well, not weird, but it's just sorta unbelievable how you're my best friend's little sister and we're in a relationship," I responded.

"Yeah, well normally when a friend of Aiden's tried to take me on a date or even asked me to go to dances, Aiden would, like, curse them out," she giggled.

"I have to admit, I had part in that," I turned back around to stir the cooked eggs so they'd scramble. I heard the cupboard shut and the plate of toast appeared beside the stove.

"What do you mean?" she wondered.

I sighed, hoping she wouldn't be pissed at me. "I told Aiden to not let you go on any dates because I didn't want you to, um," I breathed, feeling embarrassed that I required Aiden to do such a thing.

"Want me to - what?"

"Go out with or fall for someone else. And Aiden doesn't like his friends to date you because, well, someone, besides me, will break your heart. And we don't want that." I ruffled her wet hair and kissed her on her forehead.

She blushed. "Hand me your plate," I ordered.

She pushed a plate with two pieces of toast towards me. I scooped four tablespoons worth of eggs onto the piece of toast and she finished by closing the eggs into place with the other piece. I curtly did the equivalent.

"So your crush on me was so big that you were selfish of me," Adalynne said. I bit into my morning sandwich, nodding with a mouth full.

"What a prick." She shook her head playfully, chuckling, her shoulders heaving up and down with every breathed in laugh. I simply smiled at the beauty sitting across from me.

"Sometimes you have to be selfish for the people you love," I mumbled. She stopped chewing, and the same expression washed her face, the same expression last night when I told her I loved her.

Breaking the moment of silence after I finished eating, I muttered: "I'm glad I moved from Boston," I include.

She smiles, "Me too."

***

Adalynne was nearly on the boiling point of fuming in agitation. She didn't stop from cursing every five seconds as our bodies jerked back and forth as her foot hit the break and gas pedal firmly. She soon got the concept of easily pressing her foot on the pedals in the floorboard.