regret -damon salvatore

Damon loved you, he still loves you but you were constantly in danger and he would never forgive himself if something ever happened to you

Damon loved you, he still loves you but you were constantly in danger and he would never forgive himself if something ever happened to you. So, to keep you safe, he broke things off with you and now he's sitting with his brother regretting his horrible decision.

"I love her Stefan, I can't live without her." Damon spoke, his voice cracking at the end. Stefan sighed and looked at him, "then go to her. Tell her you want her back."

All Damon wanted was you, but he didn't want to put you in any more danger. "You know she's better off without me" Damon said taking a swig of the bourbon in his glass. "But you're better with her. She makes you happy and you do the same for her. So what if she's in danger if she's happy and wants to be with you, so be with her" Stefan said trying to convince Damon to make things right between you.

>>

Meanwhile, you were sobbing on Elena's shoulder. You love Damon with all your heart and you definitely did not see this coming. "How could he do this to me Elena? I thought he loved me" you cried. Elena knew exactly why he broke up with, but promised Damon she wouldn't say anything. "He loves you y/n he'll realize what a dumb decision he made and come back for you" Elena explained rubbing your back soothingly.

>>

Damon drove to your place and knocked on the door -since the last time you almost had a heart attack when he scared you by coming in through your window- after waiting for awhile he sat down on the steps outside your door thinking you weren't home.

>>

You left Elena's house and walked home. All you wanted to do was lay in bed and cry. You approached your house when you saw Damon sitting on your steps. "Damon, what do you want?" You asked. You didn't want to talk to him anymore he had caused you too much pain for one night.

"I came because I made a huge mistake. I want to be with you and I should of never broke up with you in the first place." He explained standing up and walking towards you. "Why did you do it?" You asked. "I thought you would be better off without me. You're constantly in danger and I would never forgive myself if something ever happened to you" he responded making you laugh. "Damon, you should know me by now. I'm too stubborn to die" you joked "and besides I'm never going to leave you, I love you too much" you added wrapping you arms around his neck. Damon chuckled and smiled at you "I love you too."

I hope y'all enjoyed this. By the way, I made a Reign gif imagines book so if you love the show just as much as me please go check it out!! I'll be posting an imagine soon so I hope you'll keep an eye out for that. Anyways, thanks for over 710k reads I love you all so much!! :)