After the incident in the office in the office I gave her some pathetic excuse and quickly took the bus home to take a cold shower. All the way home and in the shower, I couldn't get out of my mind how close she was or how close I was to kissing her. 

I had no idea how I was going to make it through the dinner tonight. 

After my shower, I gelled my edges and curled my hair. I've had this nude dress in my closet for months just waiting for someplace special to where it to, I guess this was a special as any. I put it on with clear nude heels and admired myself in the mirror. It had been a while since I've tried so I forgot how good I look in it. 

I applied light make up, but enough to make me stand out. Not like I wanted anyone to notice me or anything. 

Right when I was about to walk out, Alex walked in and gawked at me. 

"Woahh there, hot thing! Where are you heading? "

I blushed "Um, dinner with Kehlani."

"oh Wow ! Big steps, I see"  

"Ugh not like that. It's a business dinner"

"ha , that's what they all say."

"ugh, shut up. Is there something you came in here for?"

"oh feisty, but yeah I did. Your date is here. Should I take a picture like it's prom and I'm a proud mom?"

Rolling my eyes at her, I pushed past her as I walked out the door.

"See you later Alex"

Before I shut the door behind me I heard her shout

"Use protection!"

When I was just about to turn and flip her off, a roaring laughter sounded from behind me. I turned around and saw Kehlani bent over with laughter. 

"Oh gosh! Did you hear that?"

" Do you have something planned for me tonight that I don't know about?" she said when she had recovered from her fit

I flushed "o-of course not"

She gave me a pout and then winked "What a shame..."

I then brought my head up to give her a look of shock, but that quickly became me checking her out.

She was dressed in a black pantsuit and was wearing a collared blouse of which her top 2 buttons were popped. She had rolled up the sleeves so that you could see her tattoos peaking from underneath like the first time I met her. 

All of a sudden it had gotten very hot.

"You like what you see, Drew?" She took a step closer to and laid her hand on my waist.  I took in a breath. Her smell was intoxicating and I had begun to crave it.

Feeling emboldened, I stepped closer to her, as close as we were earlier today. 

"Would it be a problem if I did?" I brought my eyes down to her lips and heard her take a sharp  breath.

We stood in heated silence for a bit, maybe waiting to see who would make the first move. She finally moved herself from me when she ran her fingers through her hair. 

"We should get going now... we don't want to be late." She sounded out of breathe and it pleased me to know that I had the same effect on her as she had on me. 

"You're right..."

I moved closer to fix a lock of hair that had fallen out of place, slightly letting my fingers linger  longer then they should have then stepped in the car. She got in the car a minute after me , looking frustrated.