Chapter 10: Changes

I woke this morning feeling exhausted and unlike my usual self. As I got dressed, I noticed that my clothes were tight. I couldn't button my shirt correctly and the sleeves made my arms stiff and I couldn't lift or move them a certain way. 

'Ozpin... uh...'

I hear a deep sigh in my head, 'Oscar, you're growing up still, okay?'

'I-I-I can't leave the motel like this! I-It will be embarrassing to have everyone notice that my clothes are too small!'

'Ask Ruby to come with you to go shopping! It's not that hard.'

'I'm not as experienced as you, Ozpin.'

'I never had a girlfriend before, this is brand new to me.'

'How are you helping me with this then? How do you know how to treat them as your girlfriend?'

'My advice works due to seeing other students mingle... and overhearing others telling advice.'

'Wow... you're not as honest as I thought you were.'

'I am honest. Anyways, get Ruby and ask her to go with you.'

'I guess...' I take out my scroll and I scrolled down onto Ruby's profile. I clicked on it and I started to call her.

The scroll rang over 3 times until I hear someone picking the scroll up. "Hello?" I hear Ruby's squeaky voice over the scroll. 

"Hey there, can you do me a favor?" I asked.

'No, not a favor.'

"Sure thing, what's the favor?"

"Can you come to my room? You'll see why."

" 'k, coming over." She hangs up the scroll and after a few seconds I hear knocking on my door. I opened my door and I saw Ruby. Surprisingly, she was shorter than me, which is opposite of usual. She's taller than me by a couple of inches. "Here..." Her voice trailed off as she looks up to me. "Oscar...?"

I started to scratch my head and felt my cheeks turn warm. "Yeah... about that... that's why I wanted you here... I need to get a whole new set of clothes."

"Don't worry, I'll be your perfect companion."

"You're already my perfect companion." I let out a small laugh.

"Aww..." She unhooks her tattered cape and wrapped it around me. "Here, use my cape for now."

"Thanks..."

"You're my boyfriend, and I'll take care of you, whenever you need me to help you."

*   *   *

We spent hours just finding clothes that fit and match me. Finally, Ruby and I decided that I should wear a white buttoned up shirt and dark brown pants. We also bought a black belt and a latch that holds the staff. As soon as we bought them, we raced home so I can change.

After we got home and I changed into the newly bought clothes, we started to head towards the meeting place. On the way there, Ruby and I held hands. We never saw the team the whole day, since we sneaked out this morning. But we did inform them that we were safe and together.

We entered the forest where everyone was. As we kept going deeper, the forest's light was being blurred out. 

"How deep did they do?" I asked, shaking my head. "I would've thought they wouldn't go that deep."

"Not surprised. After everything... it's good to know that they're paranoid, we don't want any unexpected visitors." Ruby says, squeezing my hand. "Besides we have each other. We'll be fine."