Chapter 1: The Rose

*Oscar's POV. It's gonna be his point of view the whole time. Hope you enjoy it!*

"Ruby?" I call out into the empty hall. 

"Oscar? Why do you need her?" I turned around, seeing Yang. Her eyes were narrowed, just as if she was overprotective. I don't doubt it, Ruby is her half sister, according to Ozpin.

"Ozpin needs her. Special training, I guess."

"Ah. Is that so?"

I nod. "Why else do I need to see her this quickly?"

"Eh... I dunno. My sisterly instincts are kicking in..."

"Oh. But, do you know where she is? Ozpin really needs her."

"Check the bakery. I heard she was going with Qrow to get something sweet. She does have a sweet tooth."

"Thanks Yang." I rushed away, taking the cane from the table.

"And hey!" I turned around to see her smile. "Tell her to get me a lemon flavored cupcake."

"Got it, Yang. Lemon flavored cupcake."

I started to leave, until Blake decided to stop me. "Hey, where are you going in such a hurry?"

"Ozpin needs Ruby. I'm about to get her from the bakery." 

"Oh. I see."

"Yeah, now, if you don't mind, I gotta go."

"Alright. I'm not holding you back." She goes back to reading her book.

'She's pretty into reading...' I say to myself. 

'Yes, she's introverted, but she's a very good fighter. You can learn from her.' Ozpin says.

'Ozpin, I'm fine. Right now, let's get Ruby.'

I ran into the bakery, seeing Ruby looking at the sweets through the glass. Qrow was standing next to her, holding his flask of alcohol, casually drinking from it from time to time.

"Ruby?" I walk up next to her.

"Gah!" She jumps back in surprise. She had a box of doughnuts in her hands. "Oscar, you scared me." She took a deep breath and showed her usual smile, calming me down.

"Sorry, but I needed to get you."

"Why?"

"Ozpin needed you."

"Oh, okay. Let's get back then." She hands the box to Qrow, "Uncle Qrow, can you buy these?"

"Heh, sure, pipsqueak." He says, taking the box from her.

"Before I left, Yang asked for a lemon flavored cupcake."

"Oh!" Ruby says as she went to get the cupcake.

"Pipsqueak, I got it." Qrow takes the cupcake from Ruby's hands. "Go, Ozpin needs you more. Besides, Oscar wouldn't have ran from the motel to here if it wasn't important."

"Okay, Uncle!" She turns back to me, "Come on, let's go!" We both walk out of the bakery. I follow her.

'She's truly a leader.' I say in my head, sighing as well.

'Why else would I make her leader of team RWBY?' 

'I can see why.'

'Stop gazing at her like that, makes me feel uncomfortable.'

'I feel the same way whenever you make me drink coffee. It's disgusting.'

'I'm sorry to say this, but you'll need to get used to it. You'll be drinking it for the rest of your life.'